Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sensitive tootsies  (Read 21756 times)

Limpy

Re: Sensitive tootsies
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »

They look OK.  I live and die in my Wellies from about November through until April with thick socks  ;D

When your wellies fall apart look for MuckBoots.  All our family have them now in various colours.  They are a million times more comfy than wellies  and you don't need thick socks as they are insulated.  They are also oil resistant.  They are about the same price as a pair of Hunter wellies but way, way better.  I sold my Hunters on Ebay when I got my Muckboots as they are so much better.  I remember going to a horsey event one winter in wellies and thick socks and I honestly thought I was going to die from such cold feet.  I have never had cold feet once in my Muckboots and I only wear little trainer socks or none at all.

Muckboots are brilliant.

We went looking for Hunter wellies in our local farm supply store. We spoke to young girl assistant who dismissed them with, "they are fashion wellies for street wear". Try muckboots, they take a liittle getting used to, but bet you never get wellies again.

She is so right, they are insulated and so lovely and warm in winter. They fit closely on the leg, so brilliant if riding and want to do do without stirrups, they don't fall off like wellies. Also, the grip on the sole is excellent, really good for icy days. They are so so comfy.

honeybun

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »

They do look great but not much of a fashion statement.  ;D

I do have dog walking wellies but given the fact she refuses to go out in the rain and won't walk through puddles they don't get that much use.
I have a very picky dog who does not like wet weather at all. She absorbs the rain like a sponge I really don't blame her.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »

"They do look great but not much of a fashion statement.  ;D"

You are so right Honeyb, green is not my colour.   :-*

However, s*d fashion, they are awfully comfy.   ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]