Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sensitive tootsies  (Read 21755 times)

Joyce

Sensitive tootsies
« on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »

Oh deary me my feet are such a problem these days, especially in the summer when it's too warm for socks. Yesterday put on some walking sandals I bought last year. Now if I'm honest they caused several blisters last year. They were from Clark's and not cheap. But not to be beaten went short walk in them yesterday and yep blistered feet again. So they are in bag for charity now. Bought a new pair today and hopefully they will not cause similar problems. Few of my shoes are cheap, going on the theory - you get what you pay for. But I often end up with blistered heels, toes, soles of feet, you name it. I'm good at looking after my feet. Never used to have so much trouble with shoes. I have piles of shoes that I swap about depending on which bit of my tootsies is covered in plasters.

Is it just me, or have I just got very sensitive feet?

littleminnie

Re: Sensitive tootsies
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »

My feet are fine, it must be you.  ;D
Can you not wear those invisible socks that you can wear with canvas shoes. Obviously these could only wear these with 3/4 pants, shorts or jeans. If you wear a summer dress you could wear flip flop type sandals.

Weejeannie

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:21:49 PM »

I have a shoe graveyard, expensive necessity, sick of the amount of money I have spent over the past few years on
shoes that were great to start with.

Ho hum

ellie

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 03:24:28 PM »

>:( no its not just you, I have a wardrobe full of shoes that felt really comfortable in the shop when I tried them on.......but it's a different matter when I come to wear them :'(.........just another bit of me falling apart  :o

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 04:13:04 PM »

Feet get so hot with socks and I mean like they are on fire. They are either freezing cold which makes me cold or roasting. Hardly ever a happy medium. I've tried those little socks littleminnie. Socks are fine, put on shoes and hot, hot, hot. Canvas shoes exacerbate the problem. Hence bare feet and sandals. So far so good though. Been wandering around house in them, even a short trip to supermarket and feet are feeling happy, so far.

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »

If they turn out to be ok go and buy more. A pair in every colour!

ann123

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »

Good flip flops!
I have some from M&S, they are step tone flip flops, so have some support, I love them, so comfy!

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 05:47:03 PM »

Got Fit Flops thanks. They are very comfy, but not for doing lots of walking.  I wanted something with a bit more support. So got some north face coast ridge ones. Got in a sale.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 07:08:44 PM »

Flip flops are dangerous  ;)

I have a pair of walking boots, they still cause a bubble on the heel so I put small plasters on before my walking socks. Job Done!

I had a lovely comfy pair of sandals for 2 years - last year I wore them for 5 mins and they HURT so into the charity bag.  Don't know why  :-\.  Apparently the best time to fit on shoes in a shop is mid-afternoon when we have been busy and our lower limbs may be slightly swollen  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 09:09:16 PM »

My flip flops are very well trained and not dangerous at all.  ;D

If walking boots are fitted correctly then they should not rub....could it be your socks.

I too have quite a lot of shoes gathering dust because they hurt. I have the trusty ones that are like wearing slippers, only trouble is they don't look that great.
My main problem with my feet is my persistent verucca. I have treated it with every thing the market has to offer and will it go....no way. It's so painful no matter what shoes I wear.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »

I read this as Sensitive Tortoises.. no hope for me at all...

Taz  x  :lol:

Scampi

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 06:46:15 AM »

My feet have always been prone to blisters, but it's now compounded by a form of arthritis that affects the tendons as well as joints!  I can't tolerate heels, shoes that are tight across my toe joints (and I've always had wide feet anyway) and toe-posts (can't wear flip-flops anyway, as I need a supportive footbed).  My footwear now all says Hotter or Crocs on it!  Don't really care what it looks like as long as I can walk!

kerrieann

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »

me  too scampi, just been saying  on another thread that i got my first pair of hotter sandals, toe post but with built in footbed and i love them,crocs i wear all the time time too, feels like i am walking on marshmallows, love them  ;D

Dyan

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 09:26:17 AM »

I'm a Hotter fan too.
I have a lovely pair of winter boots that are Hotter.
I hope they are still ok when I wear them again :-\ for the second year.
I bought a pair of Trimsole trainers reduced from £45 to £9.95 online from direct beauty products.
I use these to do my walking each day and they are soooo comfy.

Rowan

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 09:38:02 AM »

Good site  http://footsolutions.co.uk/

I am in the process of looking for comfortable boots for Winter.
Pages: [1] 2 3