Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Loss of my marriage due to Menopause  (Read 39380 times)

annieh

Re: Loss of my marriage due to Menopause
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 02:59:28 AM »

Take care with DLPA if you have high blood pressure, and it can interact with other meds.

So very true!!

Suzi Q

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 04:31:27 AM »

I would have thought that one would require more than 1 dose of mood altering drug ....... certainly any AD that I have been prescribed has taken 3/5 days to kick in and often they take longer.  The longer the brain has been depressed the longer it will take for the drug to begin making a difference.  Like any other organ, the brain requires TLC.  Without ADs I wouldn't be alive.  I have no problems with the pharmaceutical companies doing the research so that what I take is, usually, 'safe'.  Not all 'natural' preparations are safe, i.e. digoxin .......

How painful to find out that your trusted friend has been else where.  If only we were more honest with each other  :-\

MIne took 3 weeks?

annieh

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

I would have thought that one would require more than 1 dose of mood altering drug ....... certainly any AD that I have been prescribed has taken 3/5 days to kick in and often they take longer.  The longer the brain has been depressed the longer it will take for the drug to begin making a difference.  Like any other organ, the brain requires TLC.  Without ADs I wouldn't be alive.  I have no problems with the pharmaceutical companies doing the research so that what I take is, usually, 'safe'.  Not all 'natural' preparations are safe, i.e. digoxin .......

How painful to find out that your trusted friend has been else where.  If only we were more honest with each other  :-\

MIne took 3 weeks?

I think the over all picture would be not the time frame it took to help you, the mere fact that it did :)
Annie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »

Nothing wrong with the placebo effect  ;)

Rose

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 11:23:40 PM »

Thank you for the healing thoughts, Annie! I have heard many good things about hypno-regression so good for you for trying. Also doing meditation is wonderful and so relaxing. I do it most days to 'quiet' my brain and body. I am still feeling awful with whatever this is but think I have an infection on my cervix. They won't treat it until the pap smear results are back. I just know that something will be done to help. The funny thing about my back pain is that it made me stop rushing around like a mad thing and never having time to smell the roses. I went to study counselling because of it. I was a teacher for 25yrs and wouldn't have thought of change. Now I am happier doing what I do. Keep me informed of how you are going and I know you will be careful with your blood pressure.

Suzi Q

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 11:51:35 AM »

I just live my life beleiveing in GOD and prayer to him thats my bag
Bobbles is an atheist yet hes the most christian person I know
Im not in to deap and meaninful mind mood swings learning stuff its just not me
BUT what ever rings oyur bell is tickety boo

Rose

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 02:09:31 AM »

Suzi, most of the most beautiful people I know are not religious but there is something so good within them that shines through. Your Bobbles is probably that person. You are so lucky to have him (I read how you met him!) and he, you. Life and let live is right. I believe that it's how you live your life and not by how many times you attend church. Being beautiful is by doing beautiful things, like caring how your fellow sisters are doing on this website. You do this all the time. I really admire how you always answer when you can. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and be up to posting more too!

Suzi Q

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 02:39:54 AM »

Thank you Rose never give up or in to anything fight the good fight Pardon the p[un hehehe
In time all things get clearer well most anyway
Family love freinds are as important as  MEDICINE YES?

Rose

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 11:55:47 PM »

Having good friends, a loving family and loads of love is the best medicine! I have something to ask you as you seem to know a lot about this bloody menopause! Went to doc and she said my hormone levels are good and doesn't think I've got atrophy yet how do I explain the burning and itchiness of my vagina plus the frequent urge to wee? She says the bladder symptoms could be from my back but this doesn't seem right to me. Feel that I'm being giving the run around. Going to a doc on sat who specializes in meno only but am at a complete loss now. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Rose

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 02:03:45 AM »

Hi Annie, just wondered how you are getting on.

Evenstar

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »

Hi Annie. Was so terribly sad to read your initial post, but it was also very inspirational and really made me sit and have a good think about my own situation. So I want to say thankyou for that as I've sorted out a few things in my mind that needed sorting.
        I take Evening Primrose and starflower oil which I find help a fair bit. Might be worth a try maybe. Sending hugs xxxxx
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:22:46 PM by Evenstar »

Rose

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »

Annie, your post has generated has made quite a few of us, take a step back and revalue our lives at this moment. Although your story is sad it has been an inspiration, so thank you for sharing. I, for one will be very interested in how you are getting on and I am sure there are others who think the same! I didn't have much joy from my GP so I am hoping that the doctor at the Menopause Clinic, on Saturday, will be more helpful. She uses a mixture of traditional and homeopathic medicine. I will let you all know how I get on. Fingers crossed!

Suzi Q

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »

Having good friends, a loving family and loads of love is the best medicine! I have something to ask you as you seem to know a lot about this bloody menopause! Went to doc and she said my hormone levels are good and doesn't think I've got atrophy yet how do I explain the burning and itchiness of my vagina plus the frequent urge to wee? She says the bladder symptoms could be from my back but this doesn't seem right to me. Feel that I'm being giving the run around. Going to a doc on sat who specializes in meno only but am at a complete loss now. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Sorry Rose print out symptoms of Atrophy take them to your GP it sounds 100% start of Atrophy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »

My GP recognised the signs long before I complained about acute razor blades inside, the repeated need to pee, the low heavy feeling below my belly button  ::)

annieh

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »

my update: Today is the second week of the JOLT ( being told I was no longer in my relationship). I cannot even begin to tell you about all the changes that have transpired. The old saying, out of something terrible, goodness can always be found. I am learning how true that statement really is!

As you all know, through my updates and progressions, I have been on a mission of mercy of myself, for myself, and to myself. A ton of self discovery has taken place, only because I am seeking them out with intent and love. I am learning to love myself more and more each day. There are those small moments of self doubt, perhaps a moment of fear, and emotions comes pouring out. I allow that to happen for a moment, as I can see where my body needs to do that. Then I stop it and find something to balance it all out. It's an interesting cycle and one that is only making me stronger and stronger.

My other half on the other hand is going out to the bar scene every single day or night that is not being consumed by work. I am watching this unfold in front of my eyes and thinking to myself.. wow, what a switch, and for the same reason through me trying to hide my deepest despairs through wine, here the tables have turned. I find that profoundly interesting and yet hard to watch.

I am still trying to do things for myself to keep my hormonal emotions in check.. walking daily, doing some sort of physical exercise to keep the body going. I am doing my vitamins, and B12 and looking out after me. I am surrounding myself with positive people who adore life and are willing to offer themselves in the goodness of mankind. I read ALL the time, uplifting and inspiring words from books and text material online that lift my spirit up. This is really a battle to keep myself up and going.

I still wonder what I am suppose to be doing with my life now... I have not worked in years since I was a housewife and took care of our home and all of our animals, horses, macaw parrots, dogs, etc etc. For now, I am still living under the same roof together and that makes it even hard when you have to watch the other half of your life, act like this breakup is the best thing that's ever happened to them. THAT HURTS! There are moments I feel it so deeply like a knife stabbing at every part of my body and yet, fighting against the hormonal emotions that pop up at any given moment it wishes to, ACK!

I am still on a forward movement to improve the betterment of my life and the quality of my life. Not sure which direction that will be yet, but I am going to welcome it, even if it hurts for a bit, I will still welcome it!

with love
Annie 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5