Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hrt  (Read 4816 times)

Anjia

Hrt
« on: September 20, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »

Has anyone upped there dosr of hrt without telling your gp.Im thinking of taking two 1mg ellestte solo instead of one untill I can get to the doctors asI have been feeling awful the last few days do you think it will be ok be glad for any answers x

honeybun

Re: Hrt
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »

Yes I have jiggled with my patches. I have added and also taken away. When I used half again the extra made me feel very sick. That was just me though.
I am sure your GP would not have a huge problem with it.

Honeyb
X

Lucky Stone

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »

I would try taking two and if they make you feel rough, go back to one. But I would suggest that you do get an appointment as soon as possible to discuss - there are so many types of HRT that there may be something more suitable for you. I'm taking 1mg at the moment having dropped from 2mg and am starting to wean myself off altogether. 1mg is a low dose. Good luck x

bramble

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »

I doubt if it will make any difference to you in the short term. Hrt is not normally a quick fix and if you have only being feeling rough for a couple of days, it could be any one of a dozen reasons. How long have you been taking the 1mg dose?

Bramble

Anjia

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:33 AM »

Bramble I have been taking 1mg for eight months after having a hysterectomy and it did stop the flushes and aches and pains but the last few weeks they have started to come back along with anxiety x

Winterose

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:24:07 PM »

Anjia

I upped my Estradot patch from 75 to 100 by cutting up patches and then at next doctors visit she happily prescribed the 100 patch.  i actually found a difference within a day of upping the dose, my breasts were a bit tender initially but thats gone now . Once a patch had come off in shower in the morning and after getting dressed had forgotten to put a new one on , by evening the flushes had started so for some hormone levels must change rapidly,  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »

I agree with Lucky Stone - it will do no harm in trying as you are on a low dose and as you have had a hysterectomy you do not need separate progesterone - but yes make an appointment to see your GP. I would have thought the flushes should begin to ease within a few days

How old are you now? If under 51 or 52 then you are only replacing what your body would have made normally ie until the average age of natural menopause.

Hurdity x