Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: vagifem question  (Read 2385 times)

LindaMiles

vagifem question
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »

I need some advise please

Okay not on HRT, still having monthly periods but suffer with VA so was put on Vagifem in July went back to GP beginning of August for more, but due to a miss understanding of how to take pills it was a bit of a disaster anyway back on the 2 week course with 2 x 10mcg daily which I completed Friday believe I also had Thrush due to going back on a nightly antibiotic for UTI's which I did treat, so a little up in the air but I had relief from VA.

The problem is I last inserted 2 x 10mg Thursday as I am now to take the maintenance of 3 days  x 2 x 10mg but the irritation has started again so last night took my dose and instant relief but woke up extremely niggly so did use Replens to ease symptoms. I am due my period and am finding before VA diagnosed  the dryness was a lot worse but disappeared once my period started, should this symptom still happen before my period now I am on Vagifem or could it be that 3 times a week is not enough or do I need something else? or do I need to wait as it can take a while for Vagifem to really work its helped with my bladder but that was affected yesterday also to the point I didn't want to pee.

Anyone had any experience of this or advice please :-\ 

Elena

Re: vagifem question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »

I've not had this problem myself, maintenance dose is fine for me so I wonder whether you have something else going on as well, such as the thrush or cystitis.  Maybe a trip back to the GP is in order?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 01:10:15 PM »

I used to get this before I went onto full HRT. It depends on how far into meno you are I think as to how much you need. Some women, such as me, need Vagifem on it's own, then full HRT and stop using the Vagifem and then, finally, HRT plus Vagifem to keep everything nice and functioning.

Taz x

LindaMiles

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »

thanks ladies

Taz not sure how far into menopause, I probably been having symptoms for 12-18 months very minor and didn't realise it was happening. :) until the severe dryness these last few months.  The hot flushes and night sweats I cope with but having a lot of sleep problems maybe need to talk with my GP

its been okay throughout today maybe the replens helped.

Thanks again.