Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Pounding heartbeat  (Read 3008 times)

Anjia

Pounding heartbeat
« on: August 25, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »

I wake up a few times at night and my heart is beating really fast it scares the hell out of me. I have had this in the past now and again but this is every single night for the last few weeks I take hrt and am going to up my dose see if that will work do any of you suffer with this x

Cassie

Re: Pounding heartbeat
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:17:47 AM »

I dont get the pounding heart beat as such but those little extra beats, which I think so many of us on here suffer with, yes, I do get those, def worse now in meno.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:23:46 AM »

Has GP said it's OK to up the dose? I was worse when I had to up mine.

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »

Oh no Cuba girl he dident you have me thinking now maybe I should leave it then until I have seen him Its so confusing don't no what to do for the best  x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »

Definitely think you should discuss first with your GP.

tangobunny

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »

I don't know what HRT your on but when I was on Evorel Conti I had palpitations,missed beats and pounding heart beat.....at night I could hear it racing in my ear against the pillow...and I agree it's frightening.....my GP told me she thought  the hormone dose was too high for me and changed me to a low dose Premique....the palpitations etc disappeared almost instantly.....so no I wouldn't up the dose but ask for something else

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »

I had this and found the only thing that helped was beta blockers. I was not prescribed them for this but for anxiety but they have stopped the racing heart. I am on a very small dose.
The only way I could get it to stop pre tablet days was to make myself cough.

Honeyb
X