Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello and such a relief....  (Read 2508 times)

Tealady12

Hello and such a relief....
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »

Just wanted to say hello and what a big relief it is to find this website and realise I am not alone....what a lovely, kind, empathetic lot of ladies you are!
 :)
Have been dealing with a lot over the last 3 years, mostly anxiety, depression, my OH leaving me for someone else and being told I m peri menopausal with low Oestrogen levels. Am 44 and have Mirena coil and recently started using Estrogel. I just wish I knew how much this menopause lark has affected everything. Since having my 2 children I had terrible PMT, heavy painful periods which thankfully is one thing I don't suffer anymore due to coil.

However, I'm fed up of feeling like I'm on a roller coaster and I'm def not enjoying the ride!! I'll feel ok for a while, then become anxious, tearful and so tired for a few days without any real explanation or understanding of why? Is it my hormones, is it the depression?? Is the depression because of the hormones? Just so fed up of it....is the Estrogel going to help balance things out? I was prescribed Elleste Solo and then Climaval but had a reaction to both - horrible itching feeling all over my body, hence am now trying the gel.

Anyway, thanks for reading ladies and the relief of knowing I am -probably- not going mad is immense! X

Taz2

Re: Hello and such a relief....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »

Tealady - you are not going mad.  :welcomemm:

Taz x

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »

Hi tealady12 :welcomemm:

I too have the mirena and use sandrena gel.
I know how you feel about the anxiety and depression- been there.
You will get lots of support on here. :)
We are all here for you. :)
Dyan x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »

Sorry that your marriage broke up.  Some men cannot accept the changes - good and bad - that ladies go through at This Time of Life!

Browse round, join in  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »

Hi tealady

Welcome from me too.

Re depression, anxiety and hormones - well they are linked to a certain extent especially more so for some women.

During the perimenopause your hormone levels do fluctuate wildly which can leads to extreme mood changes and tearfulness. I can relate to this as I used to be driving along sometimes and just well up at the slighest thought if I was worried about something, and especially work situations used to affect me out of all proportion with their severity.

When your hormones are going up and down then of course if something difficult/upsetting happens - you will feel much less able to cope with it. You have every reason to feel depressed after your OH left you, and at a time when you are feeling vulnerable. To be able to cope in the best way you can then giving yourself a boost in oestrogen levels is a really positive thing to do, especially at your age when you need to protect your bones and general health.

There is an interesting article (back issue of MM magazine) about the perimenopause here
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Incidentally if your depression and anxiety only lasts for a few days then this is likely to be due to the hormone fluctuations - and as your bleeding has stopped you have no way of relating it to possible periods. If it is still there all the time then maybe the Mirena could be making you feel this way - depending on how long you've had it? Form what I've read, many women love it, but it can make others depressed (due to absorption of the progestogen into the system giving adverse reaction).

Hopefully you will begin to feel better with the Estrogel.

Hurdity x

Tealady12

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »

Thank you all for your warm welcome  :) :)
Hurdity, the article was really informative -thanks v much.

Tea lady xx