Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Rotator Cuff Surgery- recovery advice anyone?  (Read 18233 times)

ann123

Re: Rotator Cuff Surgery- recovery advice anyone?
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »

Thanks for your emails, great to get support. Amazing how different post op advice is!!! Are you in the UK?

ann123

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2013, 09:27:13 AM »

Stitches out today. Pain is tolerable, as long as I take drugs! Still doing my physio. At the moment I have less arm movement than I had before the op! Physio says give it at least 6 weeks!

valiantkate

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »

It weill take a long time to heal and there are different ways to repair an injury like weve had, it also depends on the level of damage you had. I still cant use my arm   properly and am plodding away at the  physio, I'm lucky that my pain didnt seem theat severe. I hope everyones helping out at home! ;)

ann123

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »

3 weeks tomorrow since my operation, decided to go back to work on Friday 13th!!!
Must be mad. Still struggling to stay awake all day, so may need to nap!

valiantkate

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:12 AM »

Oh my gosh, that's early Ann, how did it go? Cant believe I still cant drive or raise my arm. Been of work for almost a year now- saw Occ Health last week and they said I am not ready to go back yet, I have a physically challenging job and need my arms- maybe if I had another type of job maybe I could, I feel so guilty though. It sounds like  you have made a fantastic recovery- have a fantastic Christmas and its time those sprouts went on you know! xx ::)

ann123

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »

Went back to GP on Monday and he told me not to drive, so I am working from home doing admin. I am a field based sales person so really need to drive for work. I just don't have the strength in my arm if anything happened. So I am only doing light duties.
My physio said it depends on your surgeon, if you are told to do physio straight away or not, I live in Cambridge and it seems all the surgeons follow the physio straight away guidelines. I don't have full range of movement yet, but it is getting better, but still painfull. Are you doing physio? I have to do it 5 times a day! They said it is the most important part of recovery.

valiantkate

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2013, 01:55:27 PM »

Oh yesm the physio ball and pulley are getting used, I alaso use a wrapping paper  roll for my other excercises! I have really bad OA as swell so thats holding the healing up as well. Its terrible not driving- hope that will change when i see the surgeon again at the end of January!!! Then FREEDOM!!! ;D

ann123

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »

I am using a large golf umberella for exercises!! My 6 week follow with surgeon is 2nd jan, hoping I will be able to drive after that!

ann123

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »

I hope we both have 2 arms we can use in 2014 and are pain free!

valiantkate

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2013, 12:50:43 PM »

Oh yes please!!!! Have a fabulous Christmas Ann,lets hope were in fine 'fettle' for 2014.
love  from mexxxx :-*

ann123

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »

6 week post op follow up today. The movement I have so far is about right for 6 weeks, keep doing the physio, go back in 6 weeks. If you don't get more movement back "we still have options", what I asked? More surgery!!!!
My reply "I don't want to see you in green scrubs again, no chance!"

Taz2

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2014, 07:14:22 AM »

Hope it all goes well today ann. Did you have a lot of treatments before you opted for surgery this time?

Taz x

ann123

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »

Think my post wasn't clear. Yesterday the consultant said my progress was normal for 6 weeks and said he would see me again in 6weeks and he could do more surgery if it didn't improve further!!! Which I said no to!

Taz2

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2014, 10:53:12 AM »

Ah yes - I thought today was the 2nd not the 3rd and that you had been told in advance that if all was not well at today's (yesterday's) consultation then you might need a further op! Sorry - your post was perfectly clear  ;D

Did you try other treatments before the surgery?

Taz x

ann123

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »

Only some physio, but the MRI showed the rotator cuff was damaged and ligament torn, so physio alone would not fix it!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5