Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Does this sound familiar?  (Read 2443 times)

Irishangel

Does this sound familiar?
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:59:53 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I am 52 and recently been having feelings of feeling hot, panicky and not having the best of sleep!  Periods are regular although occassional a little longer cycles, and then shorter ones.   I gauged I would be due tomorrow ish, however exactely a week ago I started what seemed like a period. Light and then went. Today I have been feeling anxious and  headachy like a period is going to start and when I went to the bath room looks like I may be right!!  Has this happened to anyone else?  It's almost like it forgot what day it was due! lol and decided to pay another visit!  Was hoping I was going to sail through  this.....wishful thinking maybe??
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does this sound familiar?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »

Yep.  Wishful thinking.  I had intermittent bleeds for 2/3 years before mine stopped.  I would go several months then there it was again.  As I suffered bad PMT in my 30s I was already in the habit of eating every 3 hours even through the night. You may find that this regime might help you.

I didn't stop carrying protection for 5 years after my last period  ::)

Irishangel

Re: Does this sound familiar?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »

Thank you for your quick reply! I feel I'm not in control of my body! Don't like it! lol  Good to know others have been going through the same though! I also suffer from low blood sugar levels and in the past month my OH has been getting me biscuits and drink in the wee small hours. I noticed its when I wake feeling like this that is when I also feel panicy. :(