Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Not sure which HRT to take  (Read 2966 times)

littlelady

Not sure which HRT to take
« on: August 21, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »

1st step sorted Vagifem. :D

2nd step HRT.

Question is which one for me?
Doctor has given me the paperwork on the various HRT to take away and read.

My symptoms are hot flushes :sweatdrop: :pills: :pills: which come and go through out the day.
Headaches,crashing fatigue mood swings,sore and dry around the perineum.
and a few others.

Any advice would be great for a newbie  ;)

Taz2

Re: Not sure which HRT to take
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:22:10 PM »

I have always used patches littlelady. Femseven or Evorel. Femseven has a kinder progesterone but tends not to stick as well and Evorel sticks brilliantly but the progesterone can give some women PMT type symptoms.

It can take a while to find the right one. Patches are not metabolised by the liver so give rise to less digestive upset but they are more expensive so you may have to push for them.

Taz

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:49:57 AM »

Glad you got the Vagifem its a lifesaver
As for the other HRT although I had same symptoms I didnt take it at all
So sorry cant advise you but good luck x

Tabbycat

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

I tried Premique low dose for a month but felt nothing, so went on the full fat version and am feeling much better - although it's taken a while (have been on it nearly three months now and have noticed a big improvement over the last two weeks or so). Still get loads of spotting, which is a pain, but hot fllushes gone and anxiety much improved

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:39:27 PM »

I started on premique low dose and it worked well, but got a migraine and fairly regular breakthrough bleeding so was taken off it.
Then tried oestrogen pills but when I had blood pressure issues I got moved on to evorel patches.
I'd try the lowest dose that works? The meno consultant told me that hot flushes are the easiest meno symptom to combat - a low dose of oestrogen should help stop them. Which progesterone and dose of it  seems harder to sort out, but think many women find utrogestan easier to cope with than norehisterone (sp?).
Don't give up if the first HRT you try doesn't suit you. Hormones are really tricky and what works for one woman doesn't for another.