Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: feeling suicidal.....so stopped hrt. Hi I'm new to this!  (Read 5648 times)

Cherish

feeling suicidal.....so stopped hrt. Hi I'm new to this!
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »

Doctor told me about four months ago that I was menopausal ....well, actually, she said I was a " woman of a certain age". Not helpful and I had no confidence in taking hrt so I left it for a month or so and saw another GP. He was lovely and I started on trisequens, took them for two months but had very heavy bleeding and the progesterone phase made me ultra PMT. He changed them to Elleste Duet 1 mg last week but 4 pills in I was suicidal!
Doctor told me to stop immediately and prescribed homeopathic Sepia.

Having a hard time relationship wise as I've probably been peri for most of it but now I'm just mental and even I can't live with me. I feel a bit better with the Sepia but not feeling confident about the future at all  :'( . Doctor is on holiday for two weeks now so trying to hang on in there till he returns and can talk about the options.

Kathleen

Re: feeling suicidal.....so stopped hrt. Hi I'm new to this!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:47:54 AM »

Hello Cherish.
Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough ride and I totally sympathise with how you feel. I actually felt suicidal with menopausal anxiety and that's what prompted me to start HRT three months ago. I have seen a lot of improvement but the PMT that comes with the progesterone is a problem so I'm going to try  a different HRT as soon as possible.
Try not to despair as there are many options available and this site is the perfect place to come for information. As you have discovered hormones are very powerful but there is a future and you are not alone.
Take care.
K.     

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »

Hi Cherish - Please see your Dr to discuss further HRT options, the menu on the left has lots of info so you can prepare for your chat. I think a lot of ladies on here have had problems with progesterone, so you are definitely not alone.

When I was peri my relationship was a nightmare, what helped was speaking to my husband about it. Turns out he already knew about it! but it really helped to talk. I think there's a thread on here "advice for husbands"  it was useful to print off and brandish when chatting. Think this is the post http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html

Welcome to MM by the way.    :welcomemm:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:07:36 AM by Limpy »

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:22 AM »

:welcomemm: and have one of these too  :bighug:

The things our mothers never told us about the menopause! Hang in there Cherish. Lots of lovely ladies who can give you support on here.

Dyan

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »

Hi cherish :hug:for you and hang on in there.
Keep posting on here.you will get lots of support.

lily

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 11:28:38 AM »

Hi Cherish and welcome

Interested to hear how you get on with Sepia - is it in tablet form and can you get a prescription or did you have to go to purchase them elsewhere?  I've been looking up possible remedies for flushes and it's just a minefield isn't it?  I keep putting myself off everything when I read the contra indications  ::)  Hope you feel better soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »

If you feel suicidal you can call the out of hours doctor or Samaritans.

Hormones can cause such ups and downs  >:( .......... maybe eating every 3 hours, even during the night, might ease the PMT symptoms.  This needs to be every day throughout the month.  It helps keep blood sugar levels even and helps stave off anxiety surges.

Cherish

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

Well I'm still here and feel much more supported thanks to your kind words on here - it helps to know that others are experiencing similar troubles and I'm not alone  :)

I'm not sure if the Sepia is helping or not but I'm taking no chances after last week and will continue to take it as required just in case I feel worse without it! At least my work is supportive and my two male bosses have been brilliant......think they're secretly a bit terrified of me though  ;)

Interestingly my eating habits are terrible and I can go three days without eating if I'm stressed so maybe I will try the 3hrly eating and see if that helps - I don't sleep well at night so snacking will give me something to do at least  ;D

rufus

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »

hello cherish
I am new here as well, and new to hrt. I am NOT new to those dreadfulfeelings. I know I am an absolute monster to live with and am amazed that my family are still here. If I could leave me then I would.  Knowing that others feellike this really helps, so although I am sorry you are having these problems at least we are all in the same boat.  Good luck with it all, sure tobumpinto you here!
 :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »

If you think of a baby or toddler when they get hungry  ;)  ::)

The trick is to spread your daily food allowance throughout the 24 hours.  Not to eat more.  But to eat healthy grub with a good mix of carbohydrates.  Every 3 hours. 

Glad you feel supported by our wonderful Meno family  ;)