Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: hi everyone,  (Read 2257 times)

peacel10

hi everyone,
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »

Hi all.
 I had a total hysterectomy 8 weeks ago so I am definitely in the menopause no question on that one. I had everything taken and feel worse than before.
Since my op ive had my hrt doubled up to 2mg (elleste) and ive just started taking menopace and soya isoflavines as my hot sweats are just plain ridiculous. Feeling quite down about it all really if I could get them controlled I am sure I would feel better.
Hope to see what everyone else does and thinks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hi everyone,
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »

So ovaries gone, the lot!  A sudden rush into meno symptoms then  :(

Have you read the menus left of screen?  There is a search button top left for any specific queries.  Browse round!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »

It could be that the higher dose of HRT is taking a while to get into your system so don't be too downhearted. You have been through a major op and it will take time for you to begin to feel better. Why did you have to have a total hyster if you don't mind me asking?

Taz x  :hug:

peacel10

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »

Ummm I had what the gynaecologist told me was a small cyst, the size of an apple on one side and smaller growths on both tubes and the other ovary :(
I always had a tilted womb so it was thought might as well get it all out to prevent future problems and then he took my cervix for the same reason.
Thankfully there wasn't anything nasty discovered so grateful for small blessings :)
Thank you for replying and yes the site is great for information and looking through some of the forums laughter and sounding off  :)