Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: What % improvement (approx) have you experienced on HRT?  (Read 3809 times)

Night_Owl

What % improvement (approx) have you experienced on HRT?
« on: August 17, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »

Just interested to hear how effective you consider your (systemic) HRT to be.  I know it's difficult to say, but just approximatley, what percentage improvement have you experienced.

It would seem that some women feel transformed and 90% better, for others not so great.

I've been through the spectrum of HRTs since 2009 and would say that roughly I've felt about 20% - 30% improvement, eg. high to low dose, I've never found relief from night sweats or migraine, progesterone intolerance is always a problem.  Off HRT, though, I'm exceptionally ill.

One thing I would say works 80% for me and that is Vagifem (10mg, alternate days), although bladder is still not good. 

Swings and roundabouts - what's your percentage improvement?

Night_Owl
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What % improvement (approx) have you experienced on HRT?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »

Oh good thread!  :thankyou:

Hard to say.  I don't have sweats. I do have intermittent, intense itching across the shoulder blades and both insteps.

After my sudden attack of atrophy the GP gave me Ovestin pessaries and I have had 95% success! Getting to the end of the 2nd prescription though  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »

It's really difficult to quantify.

My sweats have gone by 99%, I still have aches and pains but my anxiety which I was not bothered by before meno can be terrible.

Ups and downs but who knows how good or bad I would be without.

Honeyb
X

ann123

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »

I would say vagifem has worked 99%, only have the odd ouch moment when making love but this used to be 100% ouch!!!
HRT patches have stopped my flushes almost 100%, only have the odd one now and that's only if I am wound up about something!
So, the combination has really helped me. My worst symptom by far was vaginal discomfort. The flushes I could probably deal with. Oh, and I am sleeping better!!!

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:18:48 PM »

After I put my first patch on (Evorel Conti ) after 4 hours I had so much more energy, lets put that at 90%.
After a month I experienced, reduction in flushes and improvement in hair, nails and general skin tone - I would put it at 98%. However, I do still need to use topical Oestriol, but that does put it up to 100% ish.

The trouble is I don't know what the situation would be if I hadn't used anything.........

Don't think I'll stop anytime soon if I have anything to do with it

Delilah

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »

Hi all

I would say 70% improvement. Anxiety and emotional overload were the worst for me. I was anxious from the time i woke until mid afternoon at the start, worrying myself sick about everything and crying at the drop of a hat. It was a long and slow progression to where i am now and thats nearly 2 years later. Cant help thinking some improvement is down to my own hormones beginning to calm down a bit though.  I'm also on AD's as well so not sure whats doing what, but a lot better than when it all started.

Delilah x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »

I think mine is about 80-90% improved - I'm aware that I'm one of the lucky ones, the HRT prescribed for me suited me so haven't had to chop and change like some of you ladies.  Hot sweats pretty much a thing of the past (thankfully).  Sleeplessness can still be a problem from time to time and the odd anxiety moment but on the whole a great improvement.

Night_Owl

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »

Encouraging to read that you're all having vast improvement on HRT - long may it continue.

I hope to stay on Vagifem (if not systemic HRT) forever! 

Night_Owl
x