Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: symptom of menopause or Vagi  (Read 4939 times)

LindaMiles

symptom of menopause or Vagi
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »

Hi All

was reading through a previous post and one of the ladies were saying they get phlegm or post nasal drip have previously suffered with this but it comes and goes, its so bad at night that I use throat lozengers you to help clear it.  I can be woken up as well feeling I cant breathe or swallow its now happening through the day now.
Is this a symptom?

I have only been on vagifem for 5 weeks had to go back to the beginning last week due to the confusion of what I should of been taking  :) only realising all the things I was experiencing were peri-menopause not taking HRT as the dryness is the only thing I am suffering with at present occasional night sweat.

Also started to experience a stiffness in the joints on a couple of my fingers mainly right hand not painful but feels like I should click them.
Are the any ladies who can hep before I go to my GP without thinking I'm crazy.

/

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: symptom of menopause or Vagi
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »

Have you read the menus left of screen?

My nasal drip is a nuisance which I use Beconase nasal spray or anti-histamines to control.
Various aches and pains, also itchyness - happens with menopause  >:(

LindaMiles

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »

Thanks CLKD

will try the Beconase and I will have to deal with the aches and pains then  :) I told my 31 yr old daughter what I was going through and all she came back with "was oh my god mum your getting old,didn't think that would happen to you"  :o I am 51 and still got plenty of like in me yet but its so unfair we loose control over our bodies, men seem to get off lightly!!

Thanks for you help....... 8)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »

<wave>

Symptoms vary and can be intermittent  >:(  ::) .......... the eustacian tubes in the ear narrow, various parts itch including deep down in my ears and the instep, my sciatica is worse these last 4 months ..........

LindaMiles

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:35:40 AM »

Hi CLKD

just wanted to up date you started using beconase and I have had an improvement with the post nasal drip I am happy with that.

so thanks for the advice :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 01:09:03 AM »

:D :-*

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:50 AM »

another nose dripper here. I use flixonase/perinase nose spray. Helps a little bit. Only time I don't drip is when it's hot, still and sunny (so not often  ::))
Since meno, although am on HRT, it feels as if my whole body is in a big allergy. Weird sensory symptoms, more pain from fibromyalgia/CFS, weird symptoms.
One junior doc at meno clinic said to me that they kept hearing complaints from meno women that they really couldn't find a clinical reason for, so must be meno related weirdness.
I think we should be sponsored by kleenex  ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

GOOG IDEA!

LindaMiles

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »

;D   :-*