Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Still in pain after biopsy  (Read 14780 times)

Lynne888

Re: Still in pain after biopsy
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »

Well I don't mind telling you I am starting to feel really fed up now.  This is the 8th day of bleeding and it's not getting any less, if anything it's more today than it has been. It makes no sense. I've read on the internet that some have had bleeding for 5 or 6 days but it has been spotting. This is like a period. There is blood in the loo every time I go (and I am going a lot as I haven't been using vagifem and the old peeing every 10 minutes is back.. great). So I'm left wondering if maybe I am bleeding from my uterus OR has the messing around jolted the lining and I'm shedding that? I've left a message for my GP to ring me but the last thing I want is to be messed around again.  What's the longest anyone on here has bled for and has it been heavy or spotting? 
Fed-right-up

Lynne888

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »

Just a quick update.. GP phoned and said she thinks I am shedding the lining.  She had the results from the doppler which said I had to go back in 3 months for another scan as I have an ovarian cyst. I hope it doesn't lead to another biopsy because I shall refuse to have it without being sedated!! The doppler didn't show anything else (other than the thick lining). The biopsy results were not back.

Elena

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »

Not surprised you are totally fed up now.  I hope the GP's response has helped you feel a bit more at ease about it all.

Too right, get an anaesthetic if you ever need this done again.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 04:44:59 PM »

It's good that you are shedding the lining but I am puzzled as to why. Did they do something or give you something to shed it - I presume so?

I presume it is difficult to use the Vagifem while bleeding continuously although personally I would try if only to stop the bladder problems developing. Maybe it is too sore at the moment?

Hope you have some relief soon.

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »

Lynne - couldn't this be just a normal period? It's only five months since your last one so even though you are slightly older than some women who are going through it I would say this is what happens to a lot of us. Five months without a period then a prolonged, maybe heavy one followed by perhaps a few months without and then another one.

I know you said your blood test showed you shouldn't be bleeding but my GP also said that and I went on to have at least another two years of periods. Blood tests are not a reliable indicator.

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 08:12:28 PM »

It could be Taz and it would be better if it was as the ovarian cyst wouldn't be a potential problem then. I bled last month after 5 months.  GP said it wasn't a period, it was a bleed. The gynae did say that until I haven't bled for a year I am not considered post meno but it's all a bit confusing with the bleeds not knowing if they are genuinely bleeds or if they are periods. I feel in a bit of a mess at the moment. Have been looking to move house and area but do not want to even think about moving GP whilst all of this is ongoing.  If the excessive weeing carries on I will have to use the vagifem but I feel more bothered now as the vagifem may have caused the thickened lining. It does seem odd I am shedding the lining but GP said it's probably because I've stopped the vagifem. My head is spinning with all of the different stuff happening!!

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 11:14:59 PM »

i can't see why stopping the Vagifem would cause the bleeding. It is normally the withdrawal of progesterone which causes that. All very confusing for you!

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 12:50:55 AM »

UNless they scraped a bit more and caused the lining to lift and disintergrate can you google see ig this can happen?
If your not happy realy worried then make an emerg appt get GP to check Ive had an internal while bleeding
I had yers ago in my 20s what was called a spontan bleed i was on holiday in Crnwall on the beach minding meyoen bussy and bam Bobbes had to carry me to the GP which was about 200yrd away YUK it did dtop but it took a few weeks and this as a gush i thought i was hemorag at the time BUT if you dont think you ned that do as was said PUT VAGIEM IN do it every second night for a week to try to get the weeing under control The less you weee mayube the less you will bleed? Im so sorry y0ur goimh though tihs and make sure you drink loads of Barley water or even water
Course of Antibiotics wouldnt go amis either just in case have you any spare ones in the house you can take? xxxx

Lynne888

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »

I have googled it Suzi but there is nothing anywhere to suggest this can happen and no one else has said anything about it.  I would start to feel a lot happier if the bleeding began to slow down now. I'm sure it's all OK but I woke in the night not feeling great and had strange sensations in the tops of my legs and still do. No doubt it's not connected but you imagine all sorts of things in the wee small hours of the night!  I don't feel comfortable speaking to the GP again as I feel I've been a nuisance this week so I'll wait and see what happens. 

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 07:35:52 AM »

It's natural that you should bleed though Lynne. You have a thick womb lining and it is five months since your last period so, although a bit worrying for you, it seems that what needs to happen is happening? The problem comes when the womb lining builds up and doesn't shed. If you had gone years without a period then I could see this would be much more of a worry. It seems as if you are one of the women who continue to have periods later than the normal 54 so you are not "text book". Think of the bleeding as a good thing if you can - you are reducing the lining which has to be of benefit to you.

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:25 AM »

It hasn't been 5 months Taz. I bled 3 weeks ago after 5 months which is what triggered all of these tests.  To be honest as long as it IS a bleed or a period, I am not worried. The thing that bothers me is if it is bleeding from the procedure last week. I have some amoxicillin here so I've started taking them just in case. The blood seems different to a period.  It's bright red and doesn't have the darker blood you get with a period. It even looks different on the pad! I wish I'd get my letter so that it gives me a reason to go in and speak to her again.

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »

It could be that a period was about to start anyway Lynne which is why your lining was so thick? I had long gaps between periods of up to nine months and then periods three weeks apart. Was it a small bleed three weeks ago - maybe you began to shed the lining but then your hormones changed again and the bleeding stopped.

I don't think you will be able to find out much until you get the biopsy results back and then a treatment plan is worked out. I can see how worrying it is but there is not much you can do at the moment. I think you said that the pains have now gone which is a good thing and rules out infection.

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 12:35:01 PM »

Yes you are right, there's no point worrying until results are back.if I felt 'normal' I wouldn't be concerned. I don't. I know my own body and I just do but feel right at all. Can't do anything now so best just to wait and see :)

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 05:50:20 PM »

If the excessive weeing carries on I will have to use the vagifem but I feel more bothered now as the vagifem may have caused the thickened lining. It does seem odd I am shedding the lining but GP said it's probably because I've stopped the vagifem.

Your GP is not very clued up. It is extremely unlikely that Vagifem could have caused your womb lining to thicken to 10 mm. It is not associated with risk of endometrial hyperplasia from what l've read.

I agree with Taz - ie it is a pssibility that as you are still peri-menopausal then your lining will continue to build up due to lack of progesterone - caused by what are known as anovulatory cycles in which you do not ovulate.

But yes all you can do now is wait and once you have the results you will know for sure.

In the meantime have you read the article on peri-menopause on this site - which can be found here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Hurdity x

Have you seen

Lynne888

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »

Thanks I will read the article now. It was the gynae that said the vagifem could have thickened the lining. I hope you are right and it is peri menopause. I've continued to think I AM in peri but this bleed is nothing like a period but then they can all differ later into peri! I would just feel happier if it started to slow up now. It appears to be getting worse instead of better which again doesn't ring true of a period. Back ache very bad today. Bleeding a bit worse than yesterday. Just not feeling 100%!! Xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3