Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Still in pain after biopsy  (Read 14778 times)

Lynne888

Still in pain after biopsy
« on: August 15, 2013, 08:30:29 AM »

Since my biopsy on Tuesday, I still have quite a lot of lower stomach pain. I'm now a bit concerned as information seems to suggest it might be sore for 24 hours but should be fine afterwards. When I stand up I struggle for a moment to straighten up as my stomach hurts so much. My back is even painful as is the whole lower area.  I really thought there would be some improvement by now.  Is this normal? How did others find it afterwards?  I'm wondering if I could have an infection or something or if this is just how it is.. which is OK s long as I know!

Taz2

Re: Still in pain after biopsy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »

As the pain is worsening I think you should have a word with your GP Lynne. It is difficult to find advice but there is this info from Derby Hospital http://www.derbyhospitals.nhs.uk/easysiteweb/getresource.axd?assetid=2950&type=0&servicetype=1 

Taz  x

Lynne888

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »

Hi Taz. I just phoned to see if I could get an appointment but there are none so they are asking the GP to give me a call.  I think I have an infection. I keep going hot but not cold, I can't straighten up without severe pain. It hurts me to walk. My arms feel heavy and tingly. I'm sure it can't be right! x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:23:11 AM »

Let us know what the GP says.

Taz  :hug:

Elena

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 01:51:05 PM »

Hope GP can sort it for you.  Horrible experience all round :(

Lynne888

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »

I've spoken to GP.  She has asked me to go in at 4 so hopefully she will know if it is all normal or not.  If I was ever told I had to have another biopsy I would panic like mad! Most unpleasant for me.. I know not everyone has the same problems. Anyway, I will update when I get back!

Lynne888

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »

Been to GP... she has taken a swab to make sure there is no infection. Very tender tummy but have to say, since I have upped the ibruprofen it has calmed down about 30% which is great! :D I'm sure it will be better still tomorrow. She said that when I had the scan in January the lining was 3mm thick so it has gone up quite a lot in 6 months BUT if there is anything to worry about it will have been caught early (as you suggested Taz)  :clapping: I feel a lot calmer (nothing to do with the G&T I had earlier!)

Elena

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »

You've really been through the mill this week, can't believe they did a biopsy with no anaesthetic!  Was it a piece of your womb lining they took, or several pieces?  Sounds awful :(

Lynne888

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »

They took several pieces  :( Gynae showed me the jar with bits of flesh floating around! My bits feel much calmer today but I have to say I felt a bit mutilated for a few days. Had no idea it would be like that but I know that others have had a much better experience, I don't want to frighten anyone.   
Yesterday when my GP took a swab (with one of those large cotton buds), it felt sore and I have bled every since. It has made me feel so worried. Why would a cotton bud make me bleed? It's a long wait for the results of the biopsy. xx

Elena

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 05:43:44 AM »

I would guess because things are still sore and not quite healed down there maybe.

Hope you get your results soon. 

Rosebush

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 10:04:08 AM »

Lynne I had same procedure a few weeks ago no anaesthetic, 3 sections taken from womb, very uncomfy, was told I had a very small cervix  :-\ was bleeding for 2-3 days and sore for about 5, had tummy cramp & back ache also for 5days...results took 4wks-and 3days to come through (was told 2-3wks)

I rang hospital twice after 3wks, then saw my Gp receptionist, she contacted them, had them fax a copy of results through to her, then telephoned me.. I got a copy letter 2days later, so not sure what happened to original? everything was fine, hope you are feeling a little better today..xx

Lynne my linning was 5.1, was told under 5 is okay..x
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:07:56 AM by Rosebush »

Lynne888

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »

Hi Rosebush. Feel much better today. Cramps have almost gone and feel more *normal*. I DO have a buzzing sensation in my bum! Don't know whether it's piles :-\ or if it's pressure from the procedure. All very odd but another battle scar no doubt!
I have read elsewhere that people have waited ages for results. They said 7 - 10 days but I bet it won't be. Nothing is smooth it is! 5.1mm lining seems OK. I don't feel I would be worrying as much if mine was that! 10mm seems more of a concern but no doubt you were every bit as concerned about it as I am now. It's all a worry at the time. I'm quietly worrying but I'll know soon enough xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 12:01:32 PM »

YOU had an operation any thing like that is an assault on the body
We see on TV unrealstic shit sorry xxx but its true hey ho ip and out of bed after baby in 4 hrs
You had a somethng thats upset your insides bruised and battered them ok
Have you ever had a tooth out asleep? It hurts after badly yes? Your mouth swells etc  yes? why is it that awake
Just with local its not anythng like as bad afterwards pain yes but not any real bruising or swelling
Easy when your asleep they rip the tooth out when your awake they are soooooo careful
IM sure in fact im certain its the same with any procedure so just rest take it easy dont stress OK and huge hugs xxx

Lynne888

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

Didnt get any local or anything. Still bleeding 7 days on but I've no doubt it will stop at some point! It's not flooding but it does fill a towel throughout the day and there's always blood in the loo and a fair bit on tissue paper. Other than that pain completey gone! I'm glad I had no idea what to expect! Such a wuss!!!

Elena

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »

I for one don't think you are a wuss at all. I think it's awful that you aren't given a local anaesthetic  >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3