Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Getting really worried now!  (Read 4581 times)

k9love

Getting really worried now!
« on: August 14, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »

Ive just spoken to docs surgery about my back scan and they said doc will ring me today :o, now Ive still got this pelvic pressure which they said was UTI which isnt getting better with AB's now Im worried it could be something else, does anyone know if theres a connection between UTI and back and leg pain?

Ive just been looking on google and PID seems to fit my symptoms but wouldnt have thought that would affect my back and legs?

Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Getting really worried now!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »

Has your urine been sent away to the Lab. for testing, so that the correct ABs can be prescribed?

let us know if the GP does ring

Delilah

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »

Hi k9love

I think there is a link with back pain and your water works. I know when OH has his bad back it radiates down into his pelvis giving him discomfort with his waterworks.

I'm sure gp will put your mind at rest, let us know how it goes.

Delilah x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »

Prolapse can give rise to pelvic heaviness and also to back pain which I suppose could also go down the leg?

Taz x

k9love

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »

Well doc rang, he didnt even mention the back scan!
He's more concerned about the white blood cells in urine test, have to go back tomorrow to do another one and he wants to examine my stomach, really am worried now, could it be fibroids? anyone had them?

Ive read that fibroids if they get big can cause pressure on the nerves and lead to leg pain?

I had a scan a few months back and they found simple cysts on one ovary but said thay werent anything to worry about.

Thanks

Sorry for all the posts but you know whats its like when your worried.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 05:04:42 PM »

I wouldn't have thought that white blood cells would be due to anything like fibroids. They are usually caused by a problem in the bladder, urinary tract or kidneys. They are probably from the lining of your bladder. I had this before I started Vagifem and had to go for a cystoscopy (camera inside the bladder - not half as bad as it sounds - to make sure that there were no problems there. It all came back clear and once on the Vagifem my tests were clear and I never (fingers crossed) had another UTI.

I think that you have two separate things going on to be honest. If your fibroids were large enough to cause pressure such as you are describing I think you would have other symptoms too?  Is your backache where your kidneys are?

Taz x

k9love

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 05:19:05 PM »

I wouldn't have thought that white blood cells would be due to anything like fibroids. They are usually caused by a problem in the bladder, urinary tract or kidneys. They are probably from the lining of your bladder. I had this before I started Vagifem and had to go for a cystoscopy (camera inside the bladder - not half as bad as it sounds - to make sure that there were no problems there. It all came back clear and once on the Vagifem my tests were clear and I never (fingers crossed) had another UTI.

I think that you have two separate things going on to be honest. If your fibroids were large enough to cause pressure such as you are describing I think you would have other symptoms too?  Is your backache where your kidneys are?

Taz x

My back hurts low down and when I walk my right leg goes numb, but I do get kidney pain too.

k9love

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »

Taz x
Did you have pressure in the pelvis?

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »

I had some pressure but I do have a prolapse. I don't think you mentioned kidney pain before?

Taz x

k9love

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »

I had some pressure but I do have a prolapse. I don't think you mentioned kidney pain before?

Taz x
Probably not mentioned it on here before, but the last two years Ive been having kidney pain, ultrasound showed nothing tho ::)