Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lack of sleep  (Read 8061 times)

lesley998

Re: Lack of sleep
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 09:07:19 PM »

Have a look for my thread on insommnia (dont know how to link it)

Melatonin sorted me out...1mg a night (a quarter of a chewable tab)  It's all to do with something about the change in hormones.. too much cortisol, and you don't 'make' melatonin like you used to.  (Gee, thanks Meno, yet another horrible symptom of ageing). 

Never slept, or felt better since I started taking it.  Its completely natural and safe, re- sets the natural circadian rhythm, so no groggy feeling in the morning. 

PM me for the one I use ;)

lesley998

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »

Honeybun..try the 'rain on canvas tent' on 'yoo toob'  or any video by Brad McBride....they last ten hours.  The train one is amazing.  (I tried to get son to push and 'shoogle' my bed all night so I could get the full train experience, as part of his penance..but to no avail lol)

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »

HB I sympathise fully. That's what I was like. OK still get sometimes, but not so bad at the moment. Took forever to break that habit though. It's getting my brain to switch off some nights which does my head in. 3/4 hours later and my head would be buzzing. Got New Beginnings by Roger St Denis playing at the moment, low volume.

Melbury

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 06:15:14 PM »

Lack of sleep can be dehydration, hunger, noises, too much light, not enough light ........

Worrying can make it worse.  We lay there waiting to drop off  ::)

I invariably find that just when I do eventually drop off, the alarm goes and I have to get up - so unfair :(

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »

I am finding the waves app very helpful. I am actually quite keen on going to bed rather than putting it off.
It's not that it makes me sleep as such, but when my mind starts to race it's much easier to stop now I have something else to concentrate on. It's very soothing.

I would recommend it. It's much better than lying fretting about things. Funny how every thing seems so much worse in the wee small hours.

Honeyb
X

countrybumpkin

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »

I have always woken at least twice a night and before meno hit I found that in the 5 days before my period was due I would have awful sleeping problems. Ages to get to sleep and waking up every 2-3 hours all night.  I had a horrible feeling that when meno hit this was something that would become permanent and I was right as it was so obviously hormone related when it happened those few days before period started.

On the very very rare occasion  I only wake up once a night I feel dreadful the next day ::)

I tried melatonin but it didn't help but apparently it will only help if you are lacking in it which I am obviously not!

pj44

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »

I'm the same as you countrybumpkin.  My daughter is the same too sleeps terrible just like me.
Pages: 1 [2]