Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tailbone!  (Read 20294 times)

Pauline

Re: Tailbone!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »

Thanks Taz. I found the site interesting. I am going to try acupuncture as a friend has recommended this for general pain relief. I was also talking to a physiotherapist at the weekend and he said that sometimes the brain gets into a rut of believing there will be pain even if the area is totally healed. This, I suppose, is a bit like the stories of people who have had limbs amputated but still feel the pain in the "leg".
Have to drive a fair distance tomorrow so am factoring in a few breaks en route and going equipped with a variety of cushions and pads to help me through the journey.

Pauline

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 08:31:31 PM »

Just a tip to help others with tailbone pain. I had to do a 220 mile round trip today but, after reading this tip on the 'net, took a bath towel and rolled it up into a sausage. Put it under the coccyx cushion on the driving seat and, hey presto. Not nearly as much discomfort as I had feared. I think the coccyx was more or less suspended in mid air. Had to adjust the internal and wing mirrors and my head was nearly touching the car roof but it enabled me to do the journey in relative comfort.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »

:thankyou:  well done on the journey too!
Pages: 1 [2]