Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stomach bug???  (Read 13625 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stomach bug???
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »

Scabies?  I had ring-worm years and years and ........ ago  ::)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »

Yep scabies was horrible as you knew the little critters were burrowing under your skin and you had to apply some sort of pesticide cream to your hands. It was about 13 years ago so memory hazy.  The poor cleaner got them first as she had cleaned the waiting room and then we all had to use the treatment even if we didn't have the rash in case.

AT least ring worm is only a fungus infection ;)

Cassie

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 04:01:48 PM »

Lots of tummy bugs doing the round with the heat, best thing is to take a Probiotic for a few days, that settles the tummy, I always find that flat coke also helps.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 07:20:55 PM »

Honeybun how is your brother in law??  I'm not right yet, think I am getting better because I am not rushing to loo and bit more normal poo ;D but then next day worse again. I am eating again now but lots of wind pains/ exploding noises etc!!

Will be in touch with Dr tomorrow ::)

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 07:53:13 PM »

He slept most of yesterday but still had the runs all day. Eventually took a pill to stop it. Very weak and wobbly today. Only eaten some toast. It's knocked him for six to be honest.
He is 72 though and the older you get the harder it hits.

Rotten thing though. I hope you feel better really soon.

Honeyb
X

countrybumpkin

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »

YOur poor brother in law, he sounds as if he is really suffering.
Assume he will be wanting to get his poo tested as well in case of food poisoning??

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »

The emergency doctor said it was a bug and there was no mention of any tests so I am not sure.
I will mention it to my sister though.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 10:06:42 PM »

I'm not sure whether a pill to stop the diarrhoea is good to be honest Honeybun. If it is a bug it just means the bug multiplies and isn't expelled. Difficult choices when you are feeling horrible though. As long as he drinks plenty of water he should be ok. No food for twenty four hours at all is the best way of treating it.

Taz x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »

I had to get a sample to Drs yesterday to test for any food poisoning although he thinks it is a bug, he said some bugs only give the runs and tummy ache rather than vomiting.
I am eating okay now but still very iffy in the toilet dept. I can have one day not bad but then the next day go alot although the d is no longer as bad as it was at first ( trying not to give tmi here!).
Dr said he hoped that by end of week I would be getting slowly better.
I should get results tomorrow aft or Thursday.

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »

He's probably thinking of campylobacter countrybumpkin. I've had that from a salad which had been preapred after the guy had been preparing raw mussels and obviously didn't wash his hands.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »

:o  ............

countrybumpkin

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »

Still not right at all :(   I can eat now okay but still having to go to loo up to 6 times a day with alot of tummy ache and noisy tummy.  I had a sample sent off but still not had any result. 
I spoke to a friend today who lives opposite side of country and he has exact same thing so maybe it is a weird bug. 
He described exact same symptoms including thinking he is getting better one day and then bad again the next.  He has only had it 4 days whereas I am now at the week.
The only difference is that you no longer need a gas mask after I have been whereas he says his wife is compalining bitterly as they only have one loo ;D ;D ;D
Whatever it is its a right xxx and I want it to go away!

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 12:00:43 PM »

Every time you eat something solid you feed the bug  :(
So keeping to a liquid only diet for 48 hours then start by nibbling dry biscuits or toast?  LIVE yoghurt will help once you get back to eating without needing the loo, remember that the action of eating, stomach filling = bowel movement.  Think of a puppy  ;) ........

Nuisance.  The noise is probably gas which can smell 'eggy' or yeasty if the gut is upset.  The rumbling is probably 'empty' but the bug needs to be starved.

Joyce

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »

Sounds nasty countrybumpkin. When our son got salmonella, results were back very quickly. Just take it easy with your poor tum. If you're still going that often you maybe need to eat a bland diet for a few days to let things settle a bit more.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »

Chicken and rice ?  that's what the Vet recommended for our dog when she got sick  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3