Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi my name is Linda  (Read 4299 times)

LindaMiles

Hi my name is Linda
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »

Hi

I found this great site through searches on the net, was beginning to go crazy with the constant symptoms of what I thought was thrush I am 51 and  :D didn't actually think about the menopause as i am still having regular monthly periods okay the time between each one had reduced to 23-26 days now know that i have been experiencing symptoms for a few years heart palpitations, constantly burning whilst weeing. irritated itching and worst of all negative swabs for thrush didn't want to know that part of my body was there life was becoming difficult had numerous urine infections where now i can 100mg Nitrofurotin antibiotic nightly which I do not want to take for the rest of my life feel its not necessary what to stop but the fear of getting an infection to the point I couldn't walk but I have not had one in a while now only when i try to wean myself off or is it a urine infection starting? so thank you  :)

honeybun

Re: Hi my name is Linda
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your bladder issues could be helped so much by using Vagifem. Some of us on HRT use both but if you have no other meno symptoms then Vagifem could be enough for you.

Use the search button. There have been so many discussions about this and you will find the information invaluable.

Honeyb
X

Evenstar

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »

Just wanted to say hi and welcome :) xx

LindaMiles

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »

Hi Guys

thank you for your comments beginning to have hot flushes and been having night sweats for a while but not knowing it was a symptom  ;D I suppose you know its going to happen but not yet!  will try vagifem as i did have a huge improvement quite quickly but due my period around now 26 days and counting :( but should i still get the thrush symptoms, irritation, still that i have experienced pre vagifem its annoying and  frustrating and yes my partner and I were together Tuesday thought it was due to that, so I am a little confused if its working or not going to GP next Friday will chat with her

:)

Barney

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »

Hi all menopause suffers
I have just joined this site after what can only be described as the last 20 months of hell. I was taken off the hrt in Jan of 2012 after i had a break through bleed and was told that it could be cancer.I did not after various scans just put on the wrong hrt. It should have been a break through bleed hrt and i was put on a one that did not allow me to bleed. The problems then started so much so that after so many visits to gps and consultants and finishing up with an implant I still have the most awful symptons. What i dont understand is with the fermston 2mg and an testrone implant I still have the symptons plus awful parathesia which i have now had since i came off the hrt after the bleed. Does any one have any ideas   I am at my wits end

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »

Hi Barney - welcome to the forum.

Other members have been given the wrong HRT to start with - especially being given a non-bleed on instead of the sequential (bleed) one.

What symptoms are you experiencing at the moment?

Taz

Barney

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »

Hi taz
My symptons are, I go very hot and then cold which can go on for hours plus this awful pins and needles which is all over my body I have never been with out since i came off the hrt . Any ideas would be really l helpful

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »

Did the pins and needles happen after you had the testosterone implant? I am wondering whether you have an allergy to the product? Why were you given a testosterone implant - if you don't mind me asking.

Taz

Barney

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »

Hi Taz

I was given the implant because nothing else worked. I have tried extra gel plus testostrone gel but nothing worked I have had the parathesia which i was told by the consultant it is the correct name but i call it pins  and needles  I have had it since i first was told to come off the hrt in Jan of 2012 Any ideas I have wondered today if i am on the wrong hrt tablet

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »

Is it a testosterone implant? Sorry if I am getting confused! I wondered what symptoms you were trying to ease with testosterone therapy.  Which type of HRT are you on?

Taz x

Barney

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »

I am fermstone hrt tablets 2mg and the implant which is the testosterone was to ease the symptons i have been describing  Hope this makes sense x

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »

It's just that I've never heard of testosterone being prescribed to ease hot flushes which do give a hot and cold feeling and sometimes flushes can last for a long time.

You could be allergic to the progesterone in your HRT and it may be worth changing to a product with a different type in. There is lots of info about different HRT's in the menu on the left of the screen.

If you introduce yourself under new members I am sure more members will want to welcome you and offer their advice. Sometimes posts get lost under other threads.

Taz

Barney

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »

Thanks for your help