Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 2897 times)

SilverFairy

Help!!
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »

I have been on two different HRT preparations - Kliovance and Femoston conti low dose, both of which gave me day long, daily headaches. I am led to believe it was possibly the progesterone to blame ( I had bad PMT most of my adult life) so tried different types to no avail. When I researched (this site and others) the Femoston I also noted down another thing to try if that didnt work. I now have made an appointment for the Doc's (tomorrow!) but I'm not sure why I was to try the other type out! I need to be able to explain to him as the type of GP that doesnt think patients have any say in their own treatment.
I'm sorry, I am going through quite a bad time (still!) with my Graves disease and menopause, and brain fog is massive at the moment. I cannot seem to remember anything at the moment and get very muddled about basic stuff. Can someone help me work out why I may have noted down Oestradiol valerate (low dose) and Utrogestan 100mg?
My main symptoms are hot flushes (which are affecting my sleep, in turn making my Graves symptoms worse) and dryness.

SilverFairy

Re: Help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 05:48:13 PM »

Anyone? Please?  :(

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:59:15 PM »

Hi SilverFairy..

Perhaps you need to consider a bio identical progesterone such as utrogestan. It's as near your own hormones that you can get and is very well tolerated.
You would have to use a separate oestrogen. Pill/patch/ gel. I use Evoril 50 patches. You then take the progesterone 25 days out of the 28.

I have just changed to this regime and am finding it very good. I changed because I thought the progesterone I was on was contributing to my anxiety.....and it was. I feel much calmer.

Have a look at the green menu on the left and you can get the details you need to take to your GP.
I take utrogestan 100.

Hope this helps a bit. It's so frustrating trying to fine just the right one when all you want is to feel better.

Honeyb
X

SilverFairy

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »

Thank you so much for replying Honeybun.
 I see now why I may have noted down Utrogestan, because it's bio identical? I'm almost sure it's the progesterone I am having problems with.
But I have put 14 days per month in brackets and you take it 25 for days? What would make the difference? I have been over a year without a period, would that be it?
Now just to work out why Oestradiol? as opposed to any other?
The doc phones in 45mins, I have until then to work it out!!

Tingly

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »

I take utro 200 for 12 days...i too have no idea how its figured out!

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:30:59 PM »

I guess if you take it for a shorter period each month then you will get a bleed.
I have changed to a conti HRT regime so I will not have a period.

Honeyb
X