Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: vitamins  (Read 3086 times)

moonbeam121167

vitamins
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »

Hi all again, feeling not to bad, stomach still so so but thats life, I want some advice I would like to take a good vitamins and minerals, something which gives me a good source of all what women would need while on HRT, but nothing that will upset my stomach, any takers ladies  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

kerrieann

Re: vitamins
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:20:16 PM »

I can only say what i would do, and i wouldn't take anything for a while, if your tummy is settling i would give it a few weeks before you do anything,
I said to you before that at one point i was taking all sorts of vitamins, minerals, drinks, you name it i gave it a go, but doing it all at once i got in a mess was feeling awful and didn't know what was causing it, so i stopped it all and started to feel better, most things takes weeks to get into your system and settle, so i would wait a while.
It's only my opinion and others may say different but it's up to you  :)  kerrie

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:15:38 PM »

Good post Kerrie

Just what I was thinking.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:18:06 PM »

Why do you feel you need any extra vitamins moonbeam? You may be getting all you need from your foodstuffs.

Taz

kerrieann

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »

thanks honeyb, i do understand what it's like to be desperate to feel well and it's so easy to just keep taking different things trying to feel well again.  :)

Evenstar

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »

I swear by evening primrose oil and starflower, but agree with the others that it might be best to let your stomach sort itself out first xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 01:17:46 PM »

Hello moonbeam.
I've been on HRT for almost three months and during a routine blood test I was told I was low in iron. The GP said I didn't need prescribed iron tablets as these would be too strong and probably cause constipation so she suggested I try a general over the counter supplement. I did a bit of shopping around and now take Wellwoman 50+ as it includes 71% of the RDA for iron whereas other preparations had much less. As it takes four months for iron levels to rise I'll have to wait to see if its done the trick but I've had no problems taking the tablets.  Hope this helps.
K. 

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 05:17:58 PM »

I agree, wait for stomach to settle first. I used to take a few, but now Calcium with Vit D as I have to have as dairy free diet and Omega 3. Also take a pro biotic supplement.

My understanding is that many of these things just add up to expensive wee! Should get most necessary vitamins from your diet, unless a GP says otherwise.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »

THanks all ..