Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: UPDATE...Shoulder problems.  (Read 2184 times)

Kyria

UPDATE...Shoulder problems.
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »

I dont know if you can remember a few months back I wrote about the trouble I was having with my shoulder and was wondering if it was connected to being menopausal and having an underactive thyroid.

I couldnt lift both my arms up very high and they were extremely painful. Doc ruled out Frozen shoulder and decided I should go for physio...

To cut a long story short, I did go for a couple of months to physio, I really cant say it helped alot.
The physiopherapist was very concerned that I wasnt making alot of improvement in the movement.
She refered me back to my doctor for blood tests to make sure it wasnt rheumatoid arthritus or anything like that. That really worried me as my dad suffered with this problem.

Thankfully the bloods all came back clear. This was around 7 weeks ago. The thing is that now im finding my right arm is so much better I can nearly hold it up straight..Left one is alot better too. I still cant put hands behind back as it hurts, but honestly there is such a difference in pain and range of movement, and this has happened all by itself I had no more physio since just before the blood tests.

Im hoping this will carry on as Ive had these bad shoulders for over a year. Maybe at the end of the day, rest was the best thing for my shoulders and leaving it to heal by itself without excercise etc., seems to have done the trick...I hope it carrys on healing and my shoulders get back to normal.

Just thought I would update you guys..and hope the girls that had the bad shoulders and were replying to my original post have had sucess too with whatever road they went down to help with their painful shoulders..

Kyria  :)

Joyce

Re: UPDATE...Shoulder problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »

I have sore shoulder at the moment. Sorted out the back and ended up with this. It's like pain of tennis elbow. Wakens me at night, but hey ho, life goes on.