Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This is my first posting!! fatigue, flushes and night sweats -  (Read 5670 times)

Cringlo

Re: This is my first posting!! fatigue, flushes and night sweats -
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 08:19:14 AM »

Hi Cubagirl,

Many thanks for your posting. Have you gained any weight being on the oestrogen only HRT?

Cringlo

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »

Hi Taz, oops. Just going by what my meno consultant told me. Said I was fine for now as on oestrogen only. She said if I was on combined it would have been younger.

Cringlo I have put on weight, but not sure it is the HRT. My mum was never on HRT and she put on weight. Think weight gain is more to do with our metabolism slowing down. Unfortunately happens at around same time as menopause.

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:44 AM »

It's amazing how different meno consultants give different advice!

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »

So long as we are happy as we are, that's all that matters Taz.  I stick by quality of life every time.

Spangles

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 06:40:46 AM »

Hi
Sorry to hear you are feeling rough but unfortunately it is normal. Like you I had been going through it for about 12-18 months before a visit to my GP, things got so bad that I thought I didn't  love my man anymore and eventually we split up! It didn't change how I was feeling, my depression and anxiety got really bad and I had a breakdown. Eventually I accepted it could be the menopause and visited my GP, it was confirmed by blood and urine tests, I opted for HRT as I was only jus 44 at the time, I'm still not 100% but I don't get any flushes, I sleep better and my partner and I got back together 14 months ago and are better that we have ever been. HRT is a massive decision and it can take a while to stabilise on it, like I say I'm not 100% yet but I'm definitely getting there. If you research HRT you will see the benefits far out weigh negatives and statistics are all listed too, I know it can increase occurrences of some things but it also gives protection against others. Ultimately it is your decision what you do but I wish you luck in whatever you choose.
Shellb
xXx
Pages: 1 [2]