Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femseven  (Read 4841 times)

Spangles

Femseven
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:37:11 AM »

Hello ladies
I'm using femseven but they don't seem to stick very well. They start lifting after a few hours so as you can imagine I am getting through rather a lot!
Has anyone experience this and does anyone know how I can get them to stick any better?
Thankyou
Shellb
xXx

Taz2

Re: Femseven
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:42:33 AM »

This is a really frustrating and, sadly, common problem with Femseven. Are you following the instructions to the letter? Some of us have found that if you hold the patch firmly in place for longer than the recommended time it can help. Some stick it in place with micropore although the manufacturers say that this isn't going to activate the adhesive properly and the hormones are in the adhesive.

Members have written to Merck to complain but it falls on deaf ears and it is always the patient's fault apparently if the patches fail to stick. Mine usually stay in place for around three days. I am just swapping back to Evorel even though the progesterone in it makes me feel horrible because I am fed up with the others not sticking properly. My docs practice are also not willing to prescribe extra patches as it costs them money.

It may be worth changing the place where you are sticking them?

Taz x

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:07 AM »

Hi Taz
I usually use the top of my thigh but I am going to use my bum cheek next time and hopefully my underwear will help. I was also on evorel before femseven but the prog made me very nauseous amongst other things so this is why I changed. I seem to be tolerating the prog phase of femseven a little better but I have notice I'm I bit more foggy and tired on it! I really don't think any treatment is 100% each seems to have its own set of problems, I have wondered what it would be like to use nothing for a while and see what happens but at the moment I'm not that brave!
Thanks
Shellback
xXx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:15:51 AM »

I've just remembered that some use a warm hairdryer to get the patch to stick - I've never tried that one though.

How long have you been on HRT for? I have tried to come off a few times but been beaten by the flushes and lack of sleep etc.

Taz x

rosie c

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »

Had exactly the same problem.... off in 2 to 3, days and tried to stick them in different areas, and with different methods, all to no avail. Not very good at all !!!

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 07:29:27 AM »

I've been on hrt for about 8 months now and femseven is the fourth one I've tried. Up to now it's not too bad only 2 weeks in though, sleeps better than it was but not great, very few, small flushes so that's better but still quite anxious. I don't know how long it takes to sort these thing out, I know some women find success straight away but others take longer (me)! How about you, how long have you been on hrt?
Shellback
xXx

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »

I've been on it six years now. I started it when I was 53 having struggled for a year or so with the sweats etc. I have found it good for the physical symptoms but, for me personally, it didn't change the anxiety issues. I find the progesterone makes me very anxious which is why I have swapped back to a sequi HRT so I only have two weeks out of the month with that "dread" feeling.

I have been told by the menopause clinic that I should try to come off it by the time I am 60 which is in February next year. I can't say I'm looking forward to it! When I began using HRT the fact that symptoms would probably return when I stopped didn't seem that bothersome as I was going to retire then anyway and wouldn't have to cope with a work environment but, now, I have to work until 65 so I can see problems next year!

Taz x

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 07:42:48 AM »

Oh dear that's not good taz, I'm 45 now but I've been up and down for a couple of years, had my meno confirmed 9 months ago so I expect I have a long way to go! The anxiety is also a big one for me as I have been on AD's for 11 years too so extra anxiety is not good! Totally understand why we call it the 'change'! I think it totally changes who you are.
xXx