Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: trapped nerve - tingling toes and crunching neck  (Read 2954 times)

dianaswr

trapped nerve - tingling toes and crunching neck
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:48 AM »

Morning Ladies

Does anyone else have these things - lack of estrogen - causing slackness in ligaments etc - I am presuming - neck crunching away - think a nerve is trapped due to tingling when sitting down and travelling to my toes - this menopause sometimes is a right pain - literally -
Aged 47 and feeling a bit like a crock.

:-\ :)

Joyce

Re: trapped nerve - tingling toes and crunching neck
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »

My neck has crunched for longer than I've been menopausal.  Not got tingling though. I'm on oestrogen only.

Weejeannie

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:09:15 PM »

Hiya
Sorry to hear that you are suffering, I have a pain in the neck, but that's just my boss.

However, I did have hip pain, I know it's a good bit away from the neck, but my doctor did say that it could be caused by oestrogen, or lack of. I eventually got an appointment with physiotherapy, that was 4 weeks ago, the exercises she gave me have helped greatly. I have had this since February and never though it would get any better, I would say it is 80% better, so a wee bit to go.

The physiotherapy said mine was probably nerve root problem.
Do you think that physiotherapy may help?  I know it's not the same area, but you never know, it may help.

Regards

WJ

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »

I have a trapped nerve in my neck which makes me giddyish when I bend my neck backwards which isn't often, fortunately  ::)

I can hear crepitus in the neck joints sometimes - when I've sat in the same position for more than an hour

Oestrogen drop causes lax, probably, ligaments between the joints