Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fed up with the sweats  (Read 2811 times)

Tessie28

Fed up with the sweats
« on: July 27, 2013, 05:18:33 PM »

:(
I have been in the menopause for nearly 9 years now [I am 54].  I am taking HRT and prozac [prone to depression and anxiety] , beta blockers and high blood tablets -but really really fed up with the sweats.

With me it is around my head [near my ears] and when I try to do something simple like cleaning it just drips off me ::).

It is also bad in anxious situations or if I am hurrying. I have asked the doctor for more help and am waiting for an appointment at the hospital.

Any ideas?  what works for you? Thanks

Joyce

Re: Fed up with the sweats
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 05:23:38 PM »

I sympathise. I had HRT break few years back. I could feel the sweats & flushes coming up from my toes. Some lasted for up to 30 minutes. Very draining.  GP put me back on HRT as I was totally miserable.
Only HRT for me I'm afraid. Tried alternatives, but none worked.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »

Hi Tessie - which HRT are you on? Maybe a different type would suit you better?

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »

....and also - you are on quite a bit of medication as well as HRT so I would want to know from the doc how they all interact and whether they might be stopping the HRT from working too - or something else causing the sweats, and maybe other investigations eg thyroid, as well as wondering if I needed a different type or dose of HRT

Hurdity x

Eve

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:30:52 PM »

I have been menopausal for just over a year, and its the hot flushes and night sweats that I cannot cope too well with.. sometimes mine last for over 2 hours at a time, and like you its usually worse when I am busy doing housework, or in a hurry.. otherwise they are very frequent but not so intense or long.. I was on the lowest dose of Premique which really helped with the flushes etc tho I still had them, but I then developed disturbed vision and Migraines.. Then my doc discovered I also had high blood pressure and said I couldnt take HRT anymore because I was a high stroke risk.. :( now I am just battling thru I guess.. but having to change my t shirt 2-3 times a day and carry a flannel in my bag is getting a bit of a pain. I hope you get a solution very soon.. I sympathise with how uncomfortable and draining it is.. Good luck. :)

Tessie28

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 03:54:33 PM »

Thanks everyone,
I'm on cyclo-progynova 2mg - which doesn't seem much to me.  I'm hoping the hospital will sort me out - when I get the appointment! :sweatdrop: