Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Panicking over bloody discharge  (Read 2324 times)

Sarai

Panicking over bloody discharge
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »

Silly me I am beginning to panic. I'm 51 and still having periods, though markedly different over the months. This month around what would have been ovulation time the discharge was like mucky with old blood, I guess left behind due to internal protection being too dry, sorry if TMI. This has gone on over a week and getting less each day, like i imagine spotting to be, wasn't too worried thought anything is possible at my age. Now I think I have thrush, so bought the treatment and cos it says see GP if blood in discharge, panic panic.
I know far too much, but I don't have bloating, no unusual abdo pain and I had a clear smear in May.
Any advice.

louisy

Re: Panicking over bloody discharge
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:58:14 PM »

Hi Sarai, I'm sure it is nothing worse than periods going slightly whacky - I was getting all sorts of out of sync bleeds before my periods finally stopped last year   Why don't you go to see your gp just to put your mind at rest?  I know from personal experience that it  is far worse to do nothing and then just worry about it!  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Panicking over bloody discharge
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:05:30 PM »

Stop using internal protection.  Stick to pads and change often.  That reduces the incidence of itchyness.