Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Am I mad??  (Read 5329 times)

Liz

Am I mad??
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »

Just wondering if any other ladies have a "noise intolerance"?  As from my previous post, it's sudden come back today (after dropping of Utrogestan phase).  I heard some neighbour's music and it almost sent me over the edge......  ???

Clovie

Re: Am I mad??
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »

Awwwww, no, you're not mad. (hug)
it's obviously the symptoms of stopping the utrogestan.
Ask yourself - have I heard music/noises whilst I've been on the utrogestan?
If yes and the noises haven't bothered you (as much - because ANYONE would find someone else's choice of music blaring out annoying  ;)) then you have your answer!! xxxxxx

Liz

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »

Not really heard too much noise (as neighbours are off work and at home this week) before today, but I seem to be developing a "paranoia" about it now and listening out for it...... so blinkin' annoying!

Clovie

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »

Can you get out of the house (to try to "reset" your mood?) 
when you come back you might be fine?

Hopefully this effect might wear off soon xxxx

Liz

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:20:20 PM »

I did that.  Just got back from Tesco and all is quiet.

We're in a semi-detached and although the neighbours are nice enough, they are quite "loud" sometimes.  Of course, them being off on holiday this week doesn't help.  Normally they are all out during the day.

x

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »

Liz, You are not mad.
Noise from neighbours has always sent me over the edge, even before meno.
Luckily, no neighbours now.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »

Noise & excessive light have me running for some peace & quiet. But never thought it was meno related.  My neighbour seldom makes a sound. It's repetitive sounds that drive me crackers. Hubby's computer chair makes some awful sounds, despite me oiling. Hubby works at home quite a lot and he sits rocking on it. Noise drives me round the bend, he on the other hand claims he "doesn't hear it."

Liz

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »

I think it's a case of  "invading my space", perhaps..... it really gets to me. x

Liz

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »

I reckon it's this drop in Progesterone that's set me off..... was feeling really good on the Utrogestan.  Very chirpy, in fact!

Liz

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »

I've just realised..... I've had my patch on too long.  I should have changed it two days ago...... would this make me feel like this, do you think?

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »

It could be the drop in oestrogen then! No way of knowing really. See how you feel once the new patch gets going?

Taz x

Liz

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »

Thanks Taz - it's scary if that's it......... that your body could be so reliant on this HRT, I mean! x

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

If you think about it though - your body has been reliant on the mix of hormones for all of your life. Have you ever had PMT for instance? That was purely because your natural "patch" was changing levels. We are just adding them back in so when we stop we will feel the difference?

Taz x

Liz

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »

Thanks Taz - that makes sense.  I'm gutted I've had this blip today, tbh.  I thought I was sorted with the new Utrogestan and Estradot regime.

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »

Hi Liz

Just to add - first - of course Taz is right - the best you can hope for with HRT is really not to feel worse than you did on your natural cycle!!

Do not worry at all about the blip because as Taz and clovie says the progesterone withdrawal will in many women cause pmt symptoms just like immediately before your period. The main thing is that you feel OK on the progesterone itself - which you probably didn't on the synthetic stuff. You may not have noticed the withdrawal before because you felt bad anyway!

re the noise - I just wanted to say I do get this sometimes - in fact for me it is part of a migraine - which is sometimes mild, but always associated with the progesterone withdrawal. Even putting plates away sets me on edge. Now and again I get it on the prog itself - but usually if I have alcohol late at night or something. Once I worked out what it was I could cope with it and usually took a few painkillers if necessary until it passed (if it was associated with tense/bad head) - usually a couple of days - and then I was back to my perky self!

If you feel fine on the prog completely then this bodes well for when you are post-meno as you can then take it all the time. Personally though - despite the odd problems on withdrawal I do prefer a cycle because that is what we are designed to have, and I do worry sometimes about the progesterone interfering with the beneficial effects of the oestrogen when taken at the same time all the time.

Hope this helps and don't be despondent - you will feel better soon!!

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2