Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Weird dizziness  (Read 3704 times)

changesbabe

Weird dizziness
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »

Yesterday I was in the middle of making a scrummy carrot cake. I was feeling absolutely fine - no probs at all.  I reached up to get the flour from the middle shelf in the cupboard and the room started spinning. It was weird so I held on to the kitchen bunker till it passed.  I reached up again and it happened a second time. I turned round to go sit down and I felt the floor was coming up to meet me. By this time I had broken out into a hot sweat and was feeling a bit sick.  The recovery period was a good ten mins.

I got back on with making the cake but I was pretty shaken up and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.  What do you think this was? I am due my period on Friday - was this a hot flush? I can often have dizzy sweaty turns in the middle of the night connected with a night sweat but never this during the day. I keep looking over my shoulder to see if it is going to happen again.  Anyone else felt this way before? xxx

daisie

Re: Weird dizziness
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:12:39 PM »

hi hot & spicey,,it does sound like vertigo iv had a few attacks the same as you are describing,could be some kind of inbalanceing in your middle ear,mine used to come on when I went to bed ,if I was layed down to low,,i do tend to prop myself up a bit more now,best to have your ears checked if it carries on ,there is medication you can take to stop the dizziness x daisie

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:31:31 PM »

It sounds like BPPV  http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/b/bppv

something I have had for about five years, but at the moment going through a quiet phase. it would be worth seeing your GP, if it is BPPV the  Eply Manoeuvre can sometimes stop the attacks in one go.

changesbabe

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »

Ladies thank you so much for your reply. I really apprected your words of wisdom.  I had never considered bpv as this is not something I have experienced before.  On reading the link silverlady it would seem that my symptoms fit. Interestingly last night I was up for hours with earache - so maybe an infection is brewing.  Touch wood I haven't had another episode since Sunday so maybe it was a one off. Thanks again for your support.  Xxx

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »

Check on labyrinthitis  HS this is caused by a virus and causes earache and vertigo too.

http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/

A good site for different types of dizziness.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »

I get this occasionally because I have a nerve in the neck area at the back of my headwhich gets trapped ....... happened a few times this morning. 

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »

I get it due to wear and tear on the neck vertebrae. It only happens when I reach my arms upwards and put tension on the neck. One example is hanging washing on a too-high washing line or putting up the Xmas decorations on the ceiling.

Taz x