Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel  (Read 4074 times)

moonbeam121167

Oestrogel
« on: July 21, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

Hi anyone on Oestrogel as I am going to ask to try it tomorrow  :) :) :)

honeybun

Re: Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:33:51 PM »

If you are not doing well on patches then I can't see that this will make much difference to be honest.

Hopefully your GP will be able to figure out a way to help you.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 07:24:45 AM »

I was on oestrogel before being changed to patches last year. Why the change can I ask? I much prefer patches.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 07:53:32 AM »

I have tried the Estraderm mx 5o mg patch once before and didnt like the dip when it was due to change and I was having to change it every 2 1/2 days, I had some left from before so I did try them again last week but I had insomnia and headaches, just dont know what to do for the best, the pills sorted all the meno problems out great but I am not sure if they have some effect on my stomach and  this last month it has been giving me some major stick  and I have to go back on Omeprazole , so thats why I thought of going down a different route, any one have any advice except to tell me to shut up and get on with it and so be honest with you I dont blame you  :(

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:30:05 AM »

Moonbeam  are you taking care with your diet

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-gastritis-diet.htm

http://www.general-surgery.co.uk/problems/gastritis.htm

No harm in trying  oestrogel if you Doctor will prescribe it for you, at least you will have more control with how much you need.

The least you put in your stomach the better, at the moment.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »

I agree with SL. I had to radically change my diet and it took a long while and it was not until I saw an alternative practitioner that I made any progress at all.

If you get your stomach sorted by whatever means then perhaps you would be able to find an HRT that suits you and that you can tolerate.

I am inclined to say one thing at a time, all the chopping and changing will not help.

Honeyb
X

meno lesley

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »

I am on oestrogel 2 pumps after trying many others. For me it has been the best for sorting out the emotional symptoms but do have a lot of joint pain which I am not sure if that is just me or hormones.

Lesley x

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »

Been on one and a half pumps for years works so well with Utrogestan x8 days per month 200mg.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »

I have watched what I eat, have been for months, just dont know what to do for the best, just want to take something and feel good thats all, I dont care if it pills, gels or patches as long as they work, have not had too bad of a headache today but I did take the patch off yesterday afternoon as the headaches were pretty bad and so far I am not on anything but I know I will soon x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »

Hi just an update, went to GP this afternoon and she has given me Lansopazole,  taken a swob thinks I have thrush :o :o :o :o and gave me cream and stuff, once the tests from the swob is back we can go from their regarding Vaginal Attrophy, got to have bloods done and said she also believes that the oral HRT will have NO effect on the stomach but I have to wait to see about the bloods about changing the HRT ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

What kind of blood tests are you having done? You have been taking HRT so hormone levels may not be accurate.

Did your GP say what the tests were for.

Honeyb
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »

Hi blood test for my stomach, told me to stick with the pills for now ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? have not had any HRT since I took the patch off yesterday afternoon and now I feel very miserable and think I am going to blow my gasket  :'( :'( :'( :'(