Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blood test reslts in  (Read 3721 times)

LizeeeH

Blood test reslts in
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »

Well I hate needles but went for a FBC anyway and all came back clear.
the (young) lady dr I saw said she'd NEVER heard of aching joints etc with menopause >:( which is why she sent me for the blood tests, think she was looking at thyroid function.
EVERY joint seems to ache and my wrist is "puffy" around the joint? arthritis possibly? So Im going to book another apt with a different dr, she's a lot older and maybe she will understand the menopause a little better....................I hope :o :o ;)

Elena

Re: Blood test reslts in
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:00:39 PM »

hope so, yours sounds as ill-informed as my new juvenile female GP  >:(

LizeeeH

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 07:16:24 AM »

me too ;) went to a female gp as I thought they would be more informed :o

latefortysomething

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

Well apparently this is what some of us can expect, widely reported but does go away, or so I've read, though little help to you...only thing is they do a thyroid test and I'll bet you they'll tell you your results are normal...sorry you're suffering, hope things improve...

Delilah

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 12:43:52 PM »

Hi lizeeh

My gp also sent me for various tests for the terrible aching and tight chest i started experiencing at the beginning of menopause. Various blood tests, x-rays (even asthma meds were prescribed!) later and the eventual diagnosis that nothing could be found, i put it all down to menopause. Its too common to be coincidental.

Anyway nearly 3 years later its much better but i do take cod liver oil, menopace, hrt and ad's. Still get a very achey face every so often which is really strange but i can cope with that.

I was relieved really to have all the tests and i guess they have to be done first to rule anything else out. Hope you find some relief soon but be reassured it does seem to be another symptom of menopause.

Take care
Delilah x

LizeeeH

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »

Yes the gp did mention thyroid, I think she thought the aches etc was due to thyroid problems but as I said bloods all came back normal. Got apt 29th with an older female gp.......fingers crossed ;D