Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: T in the Park - wish I was there!  (Read 9588 times)

Taz2

T in the Park - wish I was there!
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:16:21 PM »

A clip from T in the Park - I am really wishing I was there. A few short years ago there was just me and around fifteen people watching this guy in the local pub http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/egfrbp/acts/aw9p5v#p01cr140

Taz x  :ola:

Joyce

Re: T in the Park - wish I was there!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:49:46 AM »

Been watching it on & off. Couldn't believe it when Fran Heely  forgot lyrics to "Why does it always rain on me?" He shouldn't have worried though as crowd were nearly drowning him out.  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:45:18 PM »

Well it's quite an old song by now... It gives me shivers actually as this was on the radio when my very best friend (friends for 54 years now) phoned to break the news to me that her son and only child had been killed in a road accident. It's seared into my brain for ever I think.

Wonderful weather for the festival though - what a difference to the usual rain and gloom we get at our "summer" gatherings!!

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »

Aw that's sad Taz. Hate hearing certain songs which bring back sad memories.  Everybody Hurts is one which sets me off, reminds me of Brother's first wife as she was an avid REM fan.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »

It just seemed a very apt song for a very mournful phone call.... and up till then all I had been worrying about was the fact that my tumble drier had broken.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »

There are highlights on Friday night, so I'm recording it. Usually watch more of it, but couldn't be bothered this weekend. Good that the weather was nice for them.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 05:57:51 PM »

I watched some yesterday - was amazed to see The Stereophonics - a blast from the past!!

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »

Just got it on my computer now.... sounds great and lovely weather too - I don't know this festival (but then I'm not well up on them!) but looks massive! I expect it was like that at 2000 trees too?

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »

2000 Trees is a small festival Hurdity - no more than 4000 people. It's held on a farm in the rolling Gloucestershire countryside - beautiful surroundings but so often drowned in rain! This year the weather was absolutely fantastic obviously and everyone had a great, if sunburnt, time.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »

Hey it sounds great - having experienced a small festival last year  (drowned in rain and mud mostly) after long break from staying at field festivals - was equally small I think (around 5000) and also lovely countryside, and Glasto this year, I loved them both in their own way. You can actually get to chill out more at a small festival and listen to more music, but Glasters was thrilling though!

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:52:39 PM by Hurdity »