Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sleeping perfectly well but still totally exhausted  (Read 6477 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: sleeping perfectly well but still totally exhausted
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 11:47:54 AM »

So listen to your body?  If you are tired, rest, you may not necessarily need to sleep.  But the whole body can be affected by GF.  In this heat we also burn up more energy so eating little and often may well help.  I slept heavily, was dreaming vividly - washing down muddy walls  ::) - but woke OK - now I feel as though an afternoon nap would suit just fine ...... however, places to go, people to see ::)

Claireylou

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »

Thank you CLKD. Sound advice as always x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 11:49:59 AM »

DH tells me if I took the advice I hand out so freely to others  ::)  :D

fiorinda

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »

I was still exhausted Saturday (after a day off work Friday, though not exactly a 'day off' as such as I had my 91 year old mother over then when she'd gone I had to attend a meeting about the supper club I ran the previous weekend). Unfortunately I had to work till half 5 Saturday.

Then I actually managed a proper lie in yesterday - woke at half 5 but went back to sleep till half 8!! All day yesterday I felt fabulous! We had a brilliant day in some friends' garden, sitting around chatting, sharing food, drinking wine (2 glasses only though), a fair walk uphill to get there and the same downhill to get home, I stayed up quite late for me last night - about 11.30, then the neighbours decided to take it in turns to stand in the yard having shouted conversations with someone inside just as I went to bed, so it must have been gone midnight when I got to sleep.

I accidentally switched my alarm off instead of hitting snooze this morning and didn't wake till 6.50, but I feel like a new woman today! I walked in to work, no problem, and I feel full of energy and not sleepy at all!! Don't know what's happened, but I'm not complaining..... except for about how painful my boobs are at the moment!!!

Claireylou

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 12:06:06 PM »

Oh Florinda how wonderful !

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Long may it continue xxx

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »

Don't do too much though!

fiorinda

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »

Don't worry, CLKD, I never do!  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »

Does your partner turn in as early as you. I find hubby and I go to bed at much the same time and if I go earlier then I read until he comes to bed because if I get wakened up just after I drop off it can take me hours to get back to sleep.

My two kids one 24 and one 18 are real night owls. My son who is the oldest thinks nothing of staying up all night on the computer. Oh to be young again.  ;D

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »

Yes my 24 year old normally goes out around 10.30 to 11 on his nights out - but I think he takes after me! Boundless energy at that age!

Taz x

fiorinda

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »

No, Lee's a night owl - he usually comes to bed around 12.30/1am, or so he tells me. We speak, apparently, but I'm quite often not aware of it. He always cuddles up and says 'I love you' and I say 'mmf mmf mmf' in reply. I don't usually remember this.

His whole family are the same though, whatever age, they don't sleep well and all stay up late.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »

;D  we have similar conversations  ::)

In this hot weather I am content to lay and read or watch the curtains blowing gently in the breeze - eventually I drop off and find that I 'catch up' - the trick for me is to stop worrying about the lack of hours!
Pages: 1 [2]