Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: vagifem........................  (Read 16897 times)

hellen

Re: vagifem........................
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 08:37:35 PM »

HI, rose your right. its not on the outside, or just a little way in , mine is higher, it feels bottom of stomach and just about five inches inside. and yes they use this ordinary lubricant and you feel great for a while. lol..  I have used just lubricant or vaginal moisturiser for a few days now, I don't think I can last much longer lol.. I have been using either sylk. or the vaginal moisturiser yes, from yesyesyes lol.. the water based one not the oil based. im not sure what vagifem is made from, . the source of the hormone i mean. does anyone know. . i have had to use the moisturiser at least three times a day though.   has anyone found that vagifem affected the bowels at all.  so now that i have rested that part of me do i blame the estring and go back on the vagifem. ovestin decisions decisions and its all trial and error.. when i went to see the doc she told me the nurse should not have taken the smear test when i was on vagifem or inflamed. well to late now. but it came back fine. with a letter saying i will never be tested again.... great. apparently im to old to be interested after 60 huh.. if i could i would have my vagina taken out and let the whole thing heal over, it would save a lot of problems ha ha ha

hellen

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »

hi Suzi Q, i couldn go on embarrassing bodies, oh my god imagine all your neighbours seeing you private bits, or i could flash it on the phone in sessions, i don't think so ha ha ha... god i would have reoccurring nighmares ha ha ha . think my children would cringe to.. no altogether to much ................

Elena

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 09:49:51 PM »

lol Hellen, I dont think Suzi meant you to literally go on the show.  She meant look online at the program in which the woman had botox (I THINK  :-\)

I was originally given Vagifem FOR bladder irritation.  Are you sure it isnt just that you're not getting ENOUGH extra oestrogen down there?

hellen

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »

hi milliemoo, that could be true..  im not in the big discomfort I was, Im still not sure if the esteriol ring leaking hormone all the time didn't give me an irritation, I just don't know. so its either the vagifem or ovestin. it will always need some sort of maintenance .

Rose

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 11:24:52 PM »

Thank you Suzi for that link. I'll give anything a go because I am desperate at this stage. Bladder irritated, itching on the outer parts etc. Strangely Doc said I seem to have a well lubricated vagina. I almost got up to take a bow! However this leaves more questions than answers. Why am I itching? Going to try to see if I can touch my own bladder with lubricant. Anyone tried that?

Suzi Q

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 06:30:39 AM »

could be for a myriad of reasons some sort of low grade infection
some sort of low grade cyustitis irritation due to leaking hormone
Id be still inclined to give Vagifem a go for a wee while see how it works
I wansnt that dry with VA coujld still make love no worries except I was sore
I was drleadfully itchy inside and out drove me nuts
Outside get some NYstatin cream to rub on the outer bits its like Cannestin but better
Just outside and for me it worked great you can buy it over the counter xxxxxxxxxxx

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »

How can you touch your own bladder unless you go up the urethra with a catheter which is a bit tricky I would have thought?  :-\

Taz x

Rose

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »

Yeah, wondered that myself but if doc can touch my bladder with his finger, why can't I? Wonder how he does it? Thanks Suzi Q, will get cream today.

Rose

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »

Got that cream, Suzi Q..thank you! The relief from scratching was wonderful!

Suzi Q

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY glad it orked my GP gave me some Ovestin to rub on the outside
Id been using it for 10 years up to 2010 it seemd to make it worse weird or what
Chem said try Nystatin it was brilliant and great when I got the paper cuts they went 24/48hrs
I needed more Hormones inside my fanny I never took HRT pills no way JOse not for me
Im glad its helped keep using it as long as you need

Rose

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »

Used cream yesterday and can't believe the difference! Thank you so much, Suzi Q! :thankyou:

Suzi Q

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 03:21:09 AM »

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

itsmetina

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »

Hello, I am new to this forum and haven't quite figured out how to post a brand new topic so I'm using your message to respond and I apologize.  I'm 43 years old and in menopause.  My doctor prescribed Vagifem a month ago and I didn't start it until yesterday (Aug 15) reason being I am terrified about side effects and cancer.  She's prescribed it for a year but do I stop if I feel better.  The pharmacist said it would take a couple of weeks to kick in - I don't know if i'm dreaming but from the 1 treatment I took last night, I feel a tiny bit better.  My symptoms are massive itching to the point I would bleed (sorry so graphic) and burning insanely.  Do menopause symptoms ever go away? 

thanks for anyone's help. :-\

Taz2

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »

Hi itsmetina - welcome to the forum. You will find lots of support and advice on here.

Firstly the amount of oestrogen in Vagifem is tiny and although you have read all of the warnings on the packet about cancer etc. these warnings are standard for any oestrogen product but the amount in Vagifem will not put you at risk of cancer.

As to whether menopausal symptoms go away - things such as vaginal dryness and joint aches and pains tend to be permanent as the level of oestrogen in your body diminishes. Mood swings, hot flushes and sweats do tend to get better in time as your hormones even out.

You are young to already have vaginal dryness so has your doc suggested full HRT. The natural age for menopause is 50/51 and before this age you need oestrogen to protect your heart and bones. The risks from HRT don't really become a problem until you reach the normal age as it is the extended time which oestrogen is in the body past menopause which is thought to put us at a small risk of cancer. You would merely be replacing what should be yours naturally. Many women are prescribed HRT when they are going through early menopause and then stop taking it when they reach 50 to see how their symptoms are.  This is from the menu on the left of the screen under "Menopause"

"The average age of the natural menopause is 51 years, but can occur much earlier or later. Menopause occurring before the age of 45 is called early menopause and before the age of 40 is premature menopause.

Generally, women having an early or premature menopause are advised to take HRT until approximately the average age of the menopause, for both symptom control and bone protective effect."

Taz  :welcomemm:

lesley998

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »

Like others here, on vagifem, feel edgy, sleepless, on edge, nervous, strange. Thought the symptoms were more to do with actual meno than the vagifem - it is such a small dosage. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3