News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 25815 times)

kerrieann

Re: HRT
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:43 AM »

Just a thought, i don't know how long you have been taking ppi's (omeprazole, lansoprazole etc.) but i have been taking them for about 20 years on and off and i can say for certain that they can give a horrendous head,  i dont mean a headache that a painkiller can shift i mean horrendous.
In our house it's a saying if you have a really bad head we say its a ppi headache.
I generally take omeprazole for a few weeks then keep off it for a few weeks and the headache doesn't seem to occur, i also know that they are not meant for long term use, although mine have been on repeat for years.
As i say just a thought medicines have different affects on different people.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »

Hi yes I do thinking about it , I have been on them for about 5 days and thats when my headaches start, any advice, need the blasted things for my stomach but hate the headaches  >:(

kerrieann

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »

I really can sympathize with you here, as i say I have been on ppi's for years they say i just produce too much acid, the ppi's stop that straight away and i can eat anything BUT those terrible headaches are too much for me to bear, so i have got used to taking them for short periods and in between i buy over the counter zantac, which is not as strong but it does the trick for a while, and sometimes i buy gavison double action, not just the normal gaviscon, the double action and that is also mild but will work for me for a while.
I suppose only you can decide, if you stick with the ppi's or have a go at something milder, but you really need to know if you have an ulcer or anything which needs treatment as i say my stomach has been like this for years and i have got used to coping.

honeybun

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2013, 12:44:31 PM »

I was on PPIs for years and not only did I have the headaches I had the runs as well.
A consultant told me that if I carried on taking them they would have to become stronger and stronger to get the same effect. He could not offer any alternatives though.

That's when I decided to try the alternative route and have had great success.

Now I only need the occasional pill for normal heartburn. It was not a quick fix but it has been very effective.

Honeyb
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »

O great either headaches or stomach issues, deep joy , not sure what to do  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »

Look into treating your stomach issues and find alternatives for PPIs

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »

what alternative do you use honeybun ?

honeybun

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »

Well I started with Aloe Vera juice and also a herbal preparation called Centaurium. I now also take a very high strength pro biotic every day.

For the sicky feeling I take another herbal preparation called Iberogast.

It took a couple of months and it was very hard to start with and my diet was limited but I stuck with it and got better.

I went to a quite famous alternative practitioner called Jan de Vries. He does not charge for consultations just for the stuff he prescribes. If you Google him you will see he has a telephone help line that is staffed by very knowledgeable  women. They will recommend things and you can order direct from them or buy elsewhere online.

Hope this helps.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2013, 02:50:41 PM »

thanks honeybun, i have a bottle of Centaurium in my cupboard, i read about it somewhere but dont think i gave it a go, do you take pro biotics in capsule form ?

moonbeam121167

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2013, 03:18:28 PM »

Hi where did you get that Centaurium from and do you think its worth a try, thanks

honeybun

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »

Yes I take the pro biotic in capsule form. Try and get one that has billions of good bacteria.

If you Google Centaurium then it's easily found. It's not that pleasant to be honest and has to be taken on an empty stomach 15 mins before meals. It has to be sipped and held in your mouth for a second or two before you swallow.
Aloe Vera juice can be bought from any health food shop or again on line.

This is not a quick fix and diet also plays a huge part to start with.
Everything I ate to start with was white. Rice, potatoes chicken pasta. Clear soups.
Then you start to add things in very slowly. Also porridge in the morning. It's trial and error to start with but it is possible to do.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2013, 05:29:01 PM »

thanks honeyb

moonbeam121167

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

Hi just ordered that Centaurium and I am going to give it a whirl, thanks for all your help  :D :D :D :D

honeybun

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »

Centaurium alone is not enough. You will have to carefully monitor your diet.

Good luck with it and remember the Iberogast for the nausea and also aloe Vera juice.

Honeyb
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »

Hi I already watch what I eat, which is boring as I was a hugh coke drinker, loved my salt so none of that, I will have a look at that Iberogast stuff and cross fingers it will help x  :) :) :) :) :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6