Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 25810 times)

kerrieann

Re: HRT
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:15 PM »

you do need to take omperazole on an empty stomach when you get up in a morning for it to work  :)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 08:12:53 PM »

Hi when I used to take them before I would  just take as I wake and then wait a hour for breakfast, so thats what I did this morning, and I havent take a domperidone today and then this afternoon I took my prozac, do you think I should skip my HRT for tonight and should I take one tomorrow night or dont take them for a couple of days, really not sure what to do,  I am sorry to be such a pest   :) :) :)

kerrieann

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »

hi, i can only say what i would do, as i have been in a situation where i was trying lots of different things and was feeling really awful, so in the end my other half talked me into stopping everything, BUT  i must add do not stop taking blood pressure meds if you need to take them, as it is dangerous, so that is what i did stopped everything for a couple of weeks and then what ever i had to take after that i added one thing at a time and gave myself chance to see how i felt.  kerrie

moonbeam121167

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 09:15:11 PM »

Well I have not take my HRT tonight and go from their, thanks for you help x

Hurdity

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:33 PM »

Hi moonbeam

I can't remember all of your history but I think you have had a hysterectomoy - apologies if I'm wrong.

You really can't do any harm by returning to the patches you had before and your body needs the oestrogen. They are only a medium dose and they will not affect your stomach and you will then be at least removing one oral treatment that you have been taking. You don't want your oestrogen levels to drop. Any temporary side effects you get from changing the oestrogen mode of delivery (maybe tender breasts?) should settle but at least it will not give you stomach pains or upset your digestion - whatever the doctor says.

Estrogen in patch or gel form is not like medication - you are replacing a deficient hormone in the gentlest possible way.

Still write that list for the doc as honeybun says.

You can put the patch on in the morning if you decide to go ahead! Up to you of course!!

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 07:53:45 AM »

Hi many thanks for all your advice, Yes I had a Total Hysterectomy, I am going to stick a patch on now ,it is only a Estraderm mx 50 which I think could be too low as I have been taking Climival 2mg but I can try and see by the time I see the GP Monday and see if I can try maybe a different brand or something but no more messing around  :) :) :) :) :) :)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »

Patch on, today is going to be a start of no messing, hopefully things will get better :D :D :D :D :D :D

kerrieann

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »

well done you, positive thinking can work wonders  :)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 06:53:36 PM »

Well I have the patch on for less than 2 days and I think its starting to wear off, just dunno what to do, terrible headaches, just think they are not going to last till I suppose to change it on Saturday,didnt think the Estraderm MX 50 was enough, do anyone think tomorrow it be ok to change it and put a 50g and a 25g on at the same time, sorry to nag again, just what to be right so I can start to feel good   :)

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 07:07:37 PM »

What makes you think the patch is starting to wear off. It's meant to last for either a full week or to be changed twice a week depending on what you are using.
Is it because you are having headaches?

Sorry not sure what particular meno issues you are trying to sort.

Honeyb
X

Also meant to ask if you had the headaches before you started on HRT.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:09:26 PM by honeybun »

moonbeam121167

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »

Hi when I was due for a period I used to get bad headaches and thats how they are like now,  I feel tired miserable and achy and some nausea, just feel rubbish this evening, I was ok up untill about seven pm and then I started to feel horrible, also I have had trouble with the patch sticking, the last time I tried them I had no  issue with the sticking  but as it is now that were not strong enough and by the middle of the 2nd day I felt rough and its happening again I know it, shall I change them tomorrow and put 1 1/2 on and see how I go ??

Rose

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »

Hope I'm not sticking my oar into this but from reading the posts, it looks like you have two separate problems. I also have inflamed stomach for which I take Nexium. Doc has told me it can't be 'fixed' so take the meds. Anyway, I have taken oral HRT and feel fine but as soon as I take extra oestrogen, vaginally, then comes nausea, headaches etc. I have found my pharmacist to be really helpful as to which meds to take. Have you tried Kilovance/Kilogest HRT orally? They worked for me. So what I'm saying is, take the meds for stomach and maybe try Oral HRT. Hope you feel better soon.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »

Hi I have been on Omparazole for about 5 days again and still feel yuck, had the patches on for around the same time as well, not sure if I am the correct dose of Hrt as I was on 2mg oral and at moment I have got on 75mg patch, do you in your opinion think the patches will make any difference or should i have just stuck to the pills, seeing the GP on Monday tired of complaining, was going to ask to try Lansoprazole to see if that will help, just want to feel good again  :(

Hurdity

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »

Hi again moonbeam

I'm not sure whose opinion you are asking but I will re-iterate mine which I have given before somewhere on your threads - that I feel you need to sort out the HRt separately from the stomach problem and that while you are sorting out the stomach problem it will be far better for you to be on transdermal HRT - I have quoted elsewhere what it says on this site in this regard (re stomach probs and oral HRT)

Both climaval 2 mg and Estraderm 50 mcg are classed as medium dose, but is difficult to compare how much oestrogen you get into your system from oral HRT compared to transdermal.  I would give your body a chance to acclimatise to the different mode of delivery (ie patch) and then if it's not dealing with the meno symptoms then think to increase it. The side effects may actually be due to more oestrogen getting through than with the climaval - and these should settle.

I can't remember how old you are and when you had your hyster?

If you've had your ovaries removed as well then your body will have had a hormonal shock and it can take a long while to recover and find the right dose of HRT - but there will be others on here with more direct experience of this.

Also I don't know if I've mentioned but maybe also your testosterone levels are low which can affect mood - some women are offered Testo replacement too after total hyster - there is info in this site but not sure if I've posted about this before?

I hope this helps are you are able eventually to settle onto a regime that makes you feel better for most of the time.

Hurdity x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »

Hi again I took the patch off this afternoon couldn't cope with the headaches any more, not sure if it was the patch that was causing it but I feel a bit better , I can remember years ago when i first tried to give up smoking tryed  the patches but I couldnt tolerate them either , so I think I am going to give up on the patches thought I may try the gel, so if they is any ladies out there who use the gel with success please let me know :) :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6