Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: IBS or What !!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9322 times)

moonbeam121167

Re: IBS or What !!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 07:42:46 PM »

Hi  exactly what my husband says, my poor body for the last year has been through the mills and I need to give it a break dont I, I am going to take my HRT tomorrow night instead of the morning to see if it will help, the Domperidome has helped alot, I could do with a nice holiday :) :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »

I take any meds that are likely to cause side effects over-night.  That way I can rest, don't have to put on a face for others and usually sleep OK.  The Domper. needs to be taken before every main meal for at least 3-4 weeks to gain benefit  ;)

Let us know how you get on with the Doctor!

moonbeam121167

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »

Hi  I will give it a go and I am going to take my HRT at night and I have bought some Magnesium spray instead as I have terrible headaches, hopefully the GP with be a little more helpful on Monday, I think I should try patches again but a different brand and stronger one, I am grateful for you help and kind words
 :) :) :)

kerrieann

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 07:47:13 PM »

hi i also take domperidone occasionally, someone mentioned motillium well that is domperidone and it works basically by moving food through the gut faster, its not a laxative and it does stop you from feeling sick.
I also take omeprazole and that has to be taken first thing in the morning before food.
I must sound like a hypochondriac  ;D ;D  anyway hope the info helps.  kerrie

moonbeam121167

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »

Hi no you dont I know how you feel, do you take HRT as well and which one do you take, I am on pills at moment and but going to GP Monday and was going to ask for the patches, have you any advice please xxx  :) :) :)

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »

Hope you find all your HRT advice on the other topic you started moonbeam.

We are going to get confused if we merge the topics.

Good luck on Monday.

Honeyb
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 08:25:47 PM »

Sorry  :)

kerrieann

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 08:34:48 PM »

moonbeam, sorry i cant help with the hrt, i was given patches but wouldn't use them as i smoke and was too stressed to try quitting.
Hope you get sorted as i know how horrible it is to be desperate to feel something like normal, i also like you kept taking different pills etc searching for an answer and in the end i didn't know what was causing what side effects :(  so as someone else suggested maybe stop everything that you can, safely, and then start again with help from your gp.  kerrie x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 08:44:36 PM »

Hi I have stopped the Magnesium and trying the spray and also stopped the Vitamin B complex, just took my HRT this evening to see if taking in night will be better, I will take a Domperidome in morning before I eat and thats it, give my stomach a chance, I do very much appreciated  all your help thanks xxxxxxxx   :) :)

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

You are welcome.  If you find that one dose helps then go with that.  Otherwise take it within the hour of each main meal ........  3/5 days should help!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:18:11 PM by CLKD »

moonbeam121167

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »

Ok I will try them 3 times a day and hope it helps thanks xx

moonbeam121167

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 11:05:39 AM »

I have been trying to ask GP to change my HRT but they insist they will not affect my stomach, I am on Lansoprazole at moment , my Hrt and Prozac and thats all, well except some antibiotics for a supposedly a urinary infection but I think it could be the start of VA, the Lansoprazole sort of works a bit but I think gives me a headache, the HRT helps with the menopause stuff and the Prozac well been on it for years . Not sure what else to do any more, I feel I just tick along, I dont feel good but dont feel really bad, its my poor stomach it burns away most of the day its horrible and it makes me feel sick sometimes,  :( :( :( :( :( :(

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 08:46:29 PM »

ABs are well known for causing upset to the gut.

Have you had a urine sample sent to the Lab for analysis?  have a word with your Practice Nurse about vaginal atrophy (see my thread here somewhere  ::) which I bumped today )

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 10:54:44 AM »

We have over 10 pages with IBS mentioned  ::) - so I choose this thread  :D

I noted whilst away - having changed to a granola for breakfast in March my need for a mid-morning snack has gone.  Initially I ran to the loo fast each morning but after 6 weeks of granola this has settled.  Whilst camping we more or less kept to the same meal times, however, we walked for MILES!  I seemed to use up any grub that I had eaten the previous day, hardly needed to pooh and the bloatedness went completely.   No feelings of needing to rush - it wasn't far across the field but even so  ;)

I told DH that I want to walk miles every week to see if I can maintain a good tummy feeling, i.e. less bloatedness.  Needing to 'go' especially if out and about, causes me lots of anxiety.

Greenfields

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »

Moonbeam I switched from a continuous HRT which was tablets to oestrogen patches and progesterone tablets.  On the continuous HRT I had constant bowel issues - it was nasty.  As soon as I switched to patches things got better.  My understanding from this board is that tablets have to go through the liver and that can be hard on the body so patches can be more gentler on the bowel system.  Having said that, I do still have some bowel issues but my Dr thinks those are related to the nervous breakdown I had in March as the same neurotransmitters that are in the brain are also in the gut!  So I'm working on healing my body through good food, exercise etc.  However, I have to say that I do feel really better for patches with the oestrogen so it might be worth something pursuing.  I'm sure other ladies on this board are more knowledgable on this subject ...
Hugs xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3