Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: No period pain  (Read 1996 times)

kes

No period pain
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »

I am still having periods, albeit irregular, at 55.  However, the last one, which came after an interval of 70 days since the preceding one, I did not have the accompanying dragging low back pain that I have had all my life since my teens, during periods.   

I'm not complaining, however, I don't miss the pain - just curious why?  Is it because the cycle was anovulatory, does anyone know?

BTW, I'm not on any HRT. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: No period pain
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »

I get background cramps even now, 11 years since my last bleed.  But no pains ........ a bleed without a warning is a nuisance!  :bang:

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »

Hi kes

Lucky you to have a late menopause - which means you have been having plenty of oestrogen to keep you healthy! Have you had a general check with the doc just to make sure you don't have any problems such as fibroids etc causing continued bleeding?

There is an excellent article on this website which describes what happnes during the years leading up to the menopause called the peri-menopause and in it anovulatory cycles are mentioned.
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

In my case the amount of pain I experienced was/is directly related to the amount of blood loss - so I had less pain as my periods became less frequent and less heavy. Even now I still have a cycle ( due to HRT) at 60 but the periods are so light I rarely get any pain. Everyone is different though....

Hurdity x

kes

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »

I will have a look at the article, Hurdity - thanks.  But I don't do doctors except in relation to my skin cancer.    I suppose if I was in agony I would go - but for a "general check up" forget it.   I lost confidence when I was a mental health patient for some years and got treated like an imbecile.  I realise that I am going against what most ladies on here would advocate - but one of the benefits of getting older, in my view - is that if you don't want - you don't have to do as you are told!  ;)