Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: sandwich toasters  (Read 9105 times)

kerrieann

sandwich toasters
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »

hi all does anyone have a good deep sandwich toaster ? have looked at loads on internet but its hard to choose i have 1 of those small ones that cut the sandwich in half but they are soo messy it puts me off using it.
any ideas welcome  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: sandwich toasters
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »

Things that were bought, put into the back of the cupboard after about 2 weeks and then appeared 20 years later at car boots  ;D

I found ours messy  ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »

yes clkd thats my problem too but i do love a nice toasty and often have them out especially on holiday

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »

Cheese which runs out of the toast with tomatoes - but be warned, they will be HOT  ;D

Didn't they toast only one side of the bread .........

In the back of the cupboard along with: ice cream makers, bread machines, keep fit cycles ........

Have you looked at Argos on-line or other companies, how about Lakeland?

bramble

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »

I have a single Breville one. I have to  wipe it immediately, after taking the sandwich out, with paper roll as if you leave it, it is so difficult to clean.
Bramble

kerrieann

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »

mmm  i think the ones i have seen used in cafes are two flat plates is that a sandwich press ?  then ive seen something called a diablo ? think you put it on the hob to heat it.  so many and i, as clkd have that much stuff stored away that i never use my other half goes nuts  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

I use a George Foreman grill thingy. You don't get the hard bits round the out side. I used to have a huge one but now just the small one.

You can buy the sandwich pockets for the toaster but I have never tried them.

I love my Foreman and they make great toasties. I sometimes have a notion for a sweet one. Banana and chocolate....yummy.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »

oh honeybun i just gave my george foreman away  :(  never thought of that for sandwiches  i daren't buy another yet he will say i really have lost the plot.
that is why i keep so much stuff packed away because the minute i give something away i find a use for it  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:31:57 PM »

Well something different that you could try is a pannini press. They will do a toastie as well.

I am very fond of a panini too.

I have loads of unused stuff although I am more restrained these days although I really fancy one of the fryer things that only use a tiny amount of oil. They are so expensive so I have not bothered.....as yet.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »

oops honey bun, i have been looking at them as well, :-\  keep telling myself that they are healthy, we both like chips but other half only like home made ones he doesnt like frozen soo maybe i need one of those too and yes i quite like a pannini ham cheese and tomato, this is making me hungry now  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »

I'm hungry too  ::)  ........

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »

I discovered ours at the back of a cupboard a few days ago.  I must give it to son.  We haven't eaten bread for over a year so it's no good to us.

kerrieann

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »

eating a bowl of peaches and cream now  :)  naughty but very nice

ellie

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58:47 AM »

The toastie bags are really good, but do find you need to use a medium loaf, or it doesn't fit in......make yummy toasties though. :)

kerrieann

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »

ellie  they would definitely take up less space
Pages: [1] 2