Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT check  (Read 3153 times)

ann123

HRT check
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »

Been called in to see nurse tomorrow for a check before I get anymore repeat prescriptions for HRT patches and vagifem. Hope they don't try and stop either!!! As feeling good, sleeping great and bits in working order!!

English Rose

Re: HRT check
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »

Hi Ann

Worry not; I think this is standard practice of you're on HRT. My last yearly check with the practice nurse was very straightforward - just a few questions about general health and they checked my Blood Pressure, and weight before renewing the prescription. I think GP practices have to be seen to have reviewed the HRT every so often, especially when you don't have problems and are not at the GP regularly with other ailments.

All the best, ER x

Winterose

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 12:01:32 PM »

I am called in every year and prescription was upped this time , the only drama will be when I have to cut back but hopefully thats 4 years away and who knows what the research will have shown by then, :D

ann123

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »

Yes it was fine, the practise nurse did query that I didn't need vagifem and HRT, but I'd don't want to stop the vagifem and have problems down below again, so we discussed and she said ok carry on!!!