Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: anyone wear fit flops ?  (Read 21418 times)

Elena

Re: anyone wear fit flops ?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »

Tried fit flops on in shop but they hurt my toes.  I find my crocs are most comfortable, after my expensive trainers that is!

kerrieann

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »

what type of trainers do you have milliemoo ?

Elena

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 08:07:06 AM »

Asics, but be aware there is a huge price/quality range.  I bought a pair that cost around £35 to replace the ones I had originally (reduced in Sports Direct, presumably because no young trendy person wanted to wear lurid green trainers!) but they were useless so i went back and bought a more expensive pair that "felt" like the ones I'd worn out.

kerrieann

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »

i like trainers  but in the summer my feet are always too hot for anything but sandals if my feet are hot iam hot same as if my feet are cold then iam cold  :)

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »

When I bought trainers I went to a running shop even though I don't do running. They checked out my walking in stocking soles. I have a low arch so was told to buy trainers with support. Now here comes the technical bit. On the instep of good trainers there is coloured strip on the outside of shoe. The lower your arch the longer the strip needs to be. Sorry can't find a picture to show you, so hope you understand my gist.

Elena

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »

ohh, that's interesting :)

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »

Found a pair similar to mine on American site. Can't put on here as prices given but if you google footlocker, then look at Asics women's GT 1000, then look at further images. That shows a grey strip on instep. It is very long so should give most support. Hope that helps.

kerrieann

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »

cubagirl  thanks i have just been on footlocker uk and can see the ones you mean they have them in two diferent colourways  are they comfy and do you wash yours ?

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 05:38:46 PM »

I have found them comfortable. Erm  never washed in machine - too scared. I've just cleaned as I've gone along.  You should try before you buy though as they are not cheap.

kerrieann

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »

yes will try first there is a footlocker not far from us x

Joyce

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »

Try & see if someone can advise you properly though. Do you have running shop near you?  It really makes a difference with proper advice. If I hadn't gone to one here, I would probably have wasted money on cheap trainers. There are so many different types these days to choose from.

kerrieann

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »

cubagirl  yes actually i am thinking of seeing a chiropodist re a problem with my foot so i may seek advice from them i would think  they can advise on footwear x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »

Try & see if someone can advise you properly though. Do you have running shop near you?  It really makes a difference with proper advice. If I hadn't gone to one here, I would probably have wasted money on cheap trainers. There are so many different types these days to choose from.

True.  Most good sports shops do gait analysis.  A couple of years ago I needed trainers and I went on the machine and it advises which type you need.  From the selection,  I chose Asics and they were perfect from day one.  I don't wear them too often because I wear my walking boots on long walks as they are supremely comfy.  Just on very hot days if I'm going on a long walk I wear them because they have a mesh top and allow air in. :)

Rowan

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »

I think seeing a Podiatrist (Chiropodist) is a good idea kerrieann.

kerrieann

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »

yes i think so too,  gone are the days when i can wear lovely flat strappy sandals  :( need to be advised what will help my flat feet  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3