Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wedding  (Read 7339 times)

JJ

Wedding
« on: June 29, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted for a long time, (since being in peri I've been taking anti depressants and for the most part they have been very helpful ) Until now! My daughter is getting married in a few weeks and oh my god, the anxiety has just kicked in. I want to be calm and collected and support my daughter so I'm hoping venting on here will help.

My stomach is churning, my brain won't switch off etc etc most of you ladies will know how this feels. I've been doing all the self help stuff, eating little and often relaxation exercises etc but I'm afraid the adrenalin button is switched on and it won't switch off.

Everything is organised, a week ago I felt fine but now meltdown and I keep thinking if I feel like this now how the heck will I be on the day.

If any of you lovely ladies have any advice etc, I would love to hear from you.  And apologies for posting when I'm feeling so needy. X

JJ

Re: Wedding
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »

God, I meant to put this in the private lives section.  :(

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »

Copy and paste into the private lives section and then delete this post JJ

JJ

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »

Thanks silver lady, ashamed to say, don't know how to do that, just about remembered how to post.  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »

Been there done that!  How about speaking with your GP for some beta-blockas or a short course of Valium?  Valium got me through our weddding day  :-*   ;)

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »

Hi JJ - it is not possible for the first post in a thread to be deleted by a member - you need to contact Emma the Administrator and ask her to delete it for you.  You can send her a pm if that's easier for you.

As for the wedding - I am sure on the day that you will be able to sort of rise above it by thinking of your daughter and how special the day is for her - sort of mind over matter - us women are good at doing that. Rescue Remedy spray in your bag is a must too. Please don't apologise for being "needy". That's what great about this site - we can post exactly how we are feeling and there is always someone who understands.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »

Mind over matter never works for me Taz - which is why I take medication.  Even then ..........  :-X

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 03:32:31 PM »

Taz is right JJ, its only if you post after the first one because of the "Heading"  didn't think of that.

Any post you want to remove that you did not start, just go the "Modify" or "remove"

Its often the build up to an event that causes the nerves and anxiety, once you are there you will probably be fine and be caught up so much with your daughters day and feeling so proud of how beautiful she looks that all your anxieties will evaporate.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:32:50 PM by silverlady »

Delilah

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 04:17:28 PM »

Hi jj

I know this feeling only too well,  no matter how many breathing exercises you do it just aint enough to get rid of that dreadful anxiety.

Personally if all else fails i would take a diazepam ( 2.5mg is a pretty low dose) to get me out the door and then take another with me just incase. At least its a backup if nothing else works and hopefully you'll get to the wedding and enjoy the day.

Delilah x

JJ

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 06:59:53 PM »

Thank you all so much. This place is like a sanctuary in times of need.

I have stocked up on the bachs and I do have 2mg Valium but I honestly thought I wouldn't need them yet. I'm wrestling with myself, should I take one a day now or wait till day is closer . Haven't needed a Valium for about a year so that's bugging me. why oh why do we be so hard on ourselves. Logically I know the anticipation and lead up is worse but my logic deserted me once I started peri.

Pretty sure if I wasn't in menooause I wouldn't have the bloomin anxiety, well ,maybe a bit but at manageable levels , not the incapacitating stuff.

thanks again x

JJ

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »

CLKD my gp gave me a prescription for beta blockers about 2 years ago, but when I collected prescription which also had my inhalers for asthma on it the pharmacist said you don't usually take propranolol if you have asthma, so that put me right off . I know they are meant to be really good for anxiety so wish I could take them, I often wonder what would happen if I needed beta blockers for high blood pressure.

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »

I would go for the diazepam. Start a few days before and then one the night before the big day and one on the day. Once you are caught up being busy and have a glass of bubbly then you will be just fine.

I know meno does not help but you would be one strange mum if you were not a bit wound up. We blame meno for a lot but it's wedding nerves. Would not be surprised if your daughter did not need a diazepam on the day as well.

I am sure it will be a wonderful day.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 07:29:48 PM »

Take one this evening and one in the morning.  Go to see your GP, explain the problem and ask for another script.  You need to take control now or the 'what ifs' will begin  >:(  ....... once you find that the meds work then you will be more relaxed.  I took Valium for 3 days prior to our wedding ...... worked !  :-*

JJ

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »

Thanks honeyb. yes, I guess normal to be nervous, just not this nervous, I seem to operate on a higher level of adrenalin compared to how I felt before being peri menopausal.

Just browsing some threads and have noticed a couple of regular posting ladies not around so much now compared to when I was last on. I guess people move on and maybe they feel great now, all the time. Now there's a happy thought.

Yes clkd, I may make appt next week to chat with doc, but I have prescription from year ago so I do have about 20 or so left, maybe more.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »

So take one this evening?  So that you can get some sleep?  Then another with breakfast and see?  If they help you will know you have backup, don't wait until required, begin at least 2 a day:breafkast and evening : 3 days before the 'do'  ;)
Pages: [1] 2