Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Armed Forces Day  (Read 8884 times)

Joyce

Armed Forces Day
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »

Just saw this in town today. March was preceded by about 40 motor cyclists on sparkling bikes, they must have been polishing them for weeks.  After march all the veterans are being taken to local Barracks for tea & scones. 5 years ago they were fed stovies and a nip. How times change. These men & women deserve a bit more than a scone & a culpa don't you think? Just as well it's quite dry & mild today.

Limpy

Re: Armed Forces Day
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »

They DO deserve more than tea & scone

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 08:52:07 PM »

I agree....How about a decent living wage and if they are injured support for life.

Then there would be no need for the Help for Heroes charity. The government should provide every thing.

Cynical.....who me.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 09:16:48 AM »

Cynical you HoneyB?
Not at all.
Well certainly nowhere near as cynical, as governments who close Military hospitals and leave the injured to the mercies of the NHS. Who with the best will in the world, don't have a lot of experience with wounds caused by bombs and guns.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

Very good point Limpy!

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 11:50:08 AM »

Up until  was in my mid thirties I have never been in an NHS hospital, it was a shock, nothing like Military hospitals.

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:33 AM »

I was in the Womens Royal Naval Service
Got my Vet Badge nd marched here in Bribsbane with the Ex British forces
NOUGHT better than Hazzlar Royal Naval Hospital in Gopsort with Royal Alexander Queens Ryal Naval Nurses
When WRENS joined with RN in 94 I thnk it was the QA were kept seperate yayyyyyyyyyyy