Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The healthy eater  (Read 12828 times)

Taz2

Re: The healthy eater
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »

You're not going to give it a go then.....  ;D

Rowan

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »

I would like to be the young me say from about 20 in 2013, think about all the exciting things that will happen in the next 50 years and more, I really don't want to miss any of it :'(

I want to be here when they find intelligent life on other planets and hopefully a cure for all the diseases and most of all a cure for old age (hopefully) and think what technology will be like.

I have a nostalgia for how it was for me up until about 15, I had a very happy childhood and grew up around the world but being a child in 2013 I think is just the best.

We have gone far from the link Taz ;D

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »

Hmmm a cure for old age would be a bit difficult SL unless we put a stop to any new people being born or were you thinking of shipping all the over 65's to the other planets!

Taz x

kerrieann

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »

taz think i will stick with things as they are maybe a few changes but not carrying bags of shopping, not with a bad back anyway  ;D ;D

Rowan

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »

I think I was thinking more of a healthy old age looking and feeling young until we died naturally, we would not be burden or a drain ( thinking NHS resources) and able contribute to society if we want to. Not living forever.

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »

Ah I understand that. Mind you if we are looking and feeling healthy which means we must be healthy then what would kill us off naturally? We need an expanding world to fit us all in!

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »

Well I think that the heart must wear out eventually.

I was also thinking of the rise in pension age too, it assumes all people will be fit to work that long.

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

Maybe once the heart has got to the level of unfitness where it makes us slow up and feel ill we could have a quick jab to oblivion. Yes, the rise in pension age is a worry - I can't imagine doing my job until I'm 65 - it's hard enough now to keep up with the four and five year olds  ;D

Taz

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »

Does anyone believe that we are born with an infinite number of heart beats and once they are done then that's us.
If and when I go then I just want  to go quick. Heart is counting down and when it gets to the last few hundred thousand beats I get a text message letting me know. I could then empty the fridge and do my hair and put a bit of lippy on.

If only it worked that way.

I really don't want to live as long as my mother. (Well they do say only the good die young).
Only trouble is we don't get a choice.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 07:51:27 PM »

Dad was up first to light the fire in the lounge
Mum followed to put the kettle on and prepare the toast/cereal
Mum shouted up stairs to wake us
Mum made sure we were out the door in time for the bus
Dad was already gone by then
Even when she worked there was a cooked meal on the table at night if we wanted or we could have a snack as we had school dinners
Shopping was done ona Sat.; to town 7 miles away to buy meat/fish/pastries from the butchers or market
Roast dinner on Sundays
Anyone remember Spam?  or the first fish fingers or Angel Delight  ;D ......... and tinned salmon, saved in our family for visitors!

As someone who is not familiar with the kitchen I admire anyone who is a keen Cook!

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 08:40:20 PM »

As a keen "cook". I got my qualifications and did it for a living...in fact that's what i was doing when I met hubby. Well they do say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach  ;D

After you have fed hundreds of people a week your keen ness kind of goes. I ended up hating food....Oh and people too   ::)

I remember getting our first microwave....then how we ate really began to change.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 09:09:43 AM »

Somehow I missed some of the threads before mine  :-\  ???

Genes has a lot to do with how we age ..........
Pages: 1 [2]