Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: An Update  (Read 2337 times)

Kathleen

An Update
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:08:35 AM »

Hello ladies. I thought I'd post an update on my HRT experience. I've been taking Climesse for six weeks now and have noted some changes. The constant and intense jittery feeling has gone thankfully, my breasts are a little tender and my vaginal discharge has increased but is okay. So, all good right? well, I'm as anxious as ever and the hot flushes and feelings of panic are still bothering me. So basically although there has been some improvement I'm still utterly fed up. I was so hoping to feel normal with this HRT, especially as I'd tried so hard to do without it, now I'm as despairing as ever.

I'm 56 and my last period was nearly three years ago and I can honestly say I've been a nervous wreck since then. The simple things I could cope with in the past leave me floored right now, just the thought of doing anything out of the ordinary sends me into a panicky spin. Fortunately I can get round the shops and do some chores but I dread having to chat to people while they tell me about their wonderful lives and I feel so sad and jealous. Will I ever be normal again? I actually met a friend yesterday who told me that she didn't have any problems with the menopause, not one. She rides a motorbike all over Europe and has a great time. I almost wished the dreaded VA would put in an appearance, she wouldn't be so smug then. You see, not only am I miserable, I'm becoming nasty with it!
Sorry to go on ladies, but I'm truly fed up with trying to deal with these horrible feelings. I spent yesterday evening in tears, I honestly don't know which way to turn.
I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow but I assume she'll say just carry on with  the Climesse and see if there is any improvement when the first three months are up.
Any advice or comments would be gratefully received. Thank you so much for reading.
K.

skkb

Re: An Update
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:02:35 AM »

Hi Kathleen, sorry to hear you are having such a bad time, I also suffered dreadfully before HRT, then I got my life back, although having a "blip" at the moment. Persevere but change to a different HRT if necessary. Mine kicked in after days, not weeks, so another may suit you better. I can only sympathise, I shed many tears and could not function, but it will get better once you are on the correct treatment. Best wishes.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »

Thank you skkb for your reply. I will persevere with this HRT and give it the full three months but if I'm still struggling I'll do as you suggest and ask for something else. Life can be so frustrating...
Take care.
K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »

You need to wait until the body responds.  Sometimes that can seem like ages  >:(

How about writing down how you felt before you took the medication and how much improvement you have noticed?  I find that if I don't let my larder get empty I can put off any shopping if necessary; we shop when it's likely to be quiet; I take a beta-blocka for anxiety and Rescue Remedy if necessary; I usually rush round the Store buying what is on the list and it makes me mad that DH will browse ......  ::) .... but once everything necessary is in the basket I can relax a little.

Don't take on too much at a time  ;)

littleminnie

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »

Rescue Remedy does help with anxiety (a glass of wine in the evening helps with low mood  ???). My HRT took 3 or 4 months to kick in properly.