Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What should I do? Any advice.  (Read 3166 times)

Kathleen

What should I do? Any advice.
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:45:41 PM »

Hello ladies, I wonder if anyone can help me? I've been on HRT, Climesse, 2mg oestradoil and 0.7mg norethisterone, for 8 weeks and I feel dreadful. I'm still getting night sweats and anxiety surges that leave me sweaty and exhausted. I also feel depressed and 'flat'. What should I do? I'm also on an anti-depressant but I can't believe that is helping otherwise why do I feel so yuk? I've also become tearful in the last few days. Could this all be menopause or is there something wrong with me? So worried about all this.
Do any of you ladies have similar experiences and what do you suggest I do now?
Sorry to be a moan but feeling so defeated today. Thanks for reading.
K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What should I do? Any advice.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

Maybe the medication doseage needs adjusting?  When do you next see your prescribing practitioner?

The ADs could be upped ......... I take 5mg at night and add 5mg in the morning when required.  Rescue remedy mouth spray can help the anxiety as can beta-blockas or a medication for short term use, i.e. Valium.

how is your diet generally?

Trey

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »

Agree with CLKD.  I thought I was going mad until meds got balanced.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »

Norethisterone is notorious for making women feel down and depressed and also to feel like you have PMT. Maybe a change of HRT would help? It can take a while to find the right one.

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 06:19:46 PM »

Thank you so much ladies for taking the time to reply. I think I will make another GPs appointment to talk through the meds. I've only been on HRT for 8 weeks so I'll probably wait til nearer the 12 week mark before I see the Doctor.
The AD was changed two weeks ago to Venlafaxine and I've just been reading the patient information. As always it states that you may feel worse before you feel better but rather worryingly it says side effects can be nervousness and night sweats, which of course would be the last thing I'd need!
This menopause and medication business is an absolute mine field. Wish I was young again.
Take care.
K.

k.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »

what happened to the page  ;D

Side-effects might be mentioned in the lit. with the medication but it doesn't mean it will happen  ;)  ....... I would make the appt sooner rather than later! that way any adjustment can be talked through.  Why wait?  :-\

I don't know whether I would want to be young again .......... I'm fine with 'me' apart from the side effects of growing older .