Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: getting Vagifem tomorrow  (Read 6640 times)

oldsheep

getting Vagifem tomorrow
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:30:29 PM »

The meno clinic has suggested it and I'm going to see the GP to issue it tomorrow. Vaginal atrophy, OMG  :( but I have to avoid UTIs too.
They haven't written anything about dose on the letter so thought I'd ask on here - what's the best dose to start on and can you go up in dose if it doesn't help?
How fast does it help?
I also wondered about the best time to use it, maybe last thing at night? I do potter about on my bike and swim during the day and hate vaginal discharge.

Sorry to ask another q when I haven't been on here for ages now. Took me ages to log in as forgot my password, then forgot my answer to secret question  ::)
thank you!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: getting Vagifem tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »

Your GP will tell you how and when to use the preparation.  You should notice a  difference within a few weeks.  Let us know!

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 08:44:23 PM »

I think it only comes in 10mg now. You will have to use it every day for two weeks and then twice a week after that. I always use mine before bedtime and yes there can be a little discharge.
It won't stop you doing anything you want but it will make you more comfortable.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeyb
X

Lynne888

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 06:21:47 AM »

I found it worked right away. I was on 25's initially but they only do 10's now. Mine have worked fine for over a year but I'm just starting to have symptoms again and my GP has told me to double up for a month. As for discharge, be glad of it. Vagifem puts back what is missing and the discharge means its all working properly. My discharge is minimal.

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 08:30:27 AM »

I think it's 10s actually, looking at the sheet. Odd how hospitals aren't allowed to give us a prescription to take to the chemist, but we have to block up the GP appointment system going to them to issue it.
One of the only plus sides to being an oldsheep is no discharge so I'm hoping it's minimal. Chlorine is ok with it I hope too, as have taken up swimming as gym is now too sore (Fibro and M.E) as well as being too boring. We have an outdoor heated pool near here  :)
thank you! x everyone

Lynne888

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »

One of the reasons you need vagifem is probably because you have no discharge at all! The dryness is part of the reason problems arise.  I told my GP I had clear discharge and she said, brilliant, we know it's doing it's job!

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »

anyone else had a sore tum when starting Vagifem? Could be a coincidence of course

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »

When I did my first two week start up I did have a bit of cramp.
My mother had the same when she started and she was 85  :o

It's not unusual and neither is a little bit of breast tenderness.

Don't worry....stick with it....it will pass.

Honeyb
X

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »

Yes it will pass
Alos becareful of the swimming cos the water gets inside and the chlorine drys you NO GPO told me that
You may fud later that night or the next day your sore stivck an extra one in
Look dont fret 1 year ago youd have been gfiven 25m dose 2x7 they only stopped making it last year
On Ozz they are still selling the 25m I have 4pkts left and a rpt for 3 pkts which I will get made up tomorrow
I asked Chemsts everytinme i go in to any and none of heard as yet the 10m dose
So stick at it OK xxxxxxxxx

oldsheep

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »

forgot to take it last night! But I will keep with it, thanks x

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 11:15:45 AM »

DONT FORGET PUT A POSTIT ON THE BROOM MIRROR XXXXXXXXXXXX

Suzi Q