Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New and desperate  (Read 9443 times)

TillyD

Re: New and desperate
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »

Taz I had hot flushes, no sleep, no energy, no concentration, no short term memory, vaginal dryness, bladder the size of a pea, low mood, hair loss and a cycle that was sort of regular but not quite. And some horrific heavy bleeding at times but not all the time. At the age of 41.

It was actually 3 years ago I think when this whole thing started. I've only had HRT for just over a year. The GPs wouldn't prescribe it. I fought and fought and eventually was prescribed a tablet form which I managed for 10 days before it made me sick and the GP wouldn't prescribe anything else.

TillyD

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »

I forgot to say, yes I did have a biopsy. I don't know the results of that yet

rosie c

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 06:56:41 AM »

Hi TillyD.... why dont you have a chat with Dr. Heather Currie ?  Have a look at the home page for info. I have been in your situation regarding Doctors, but not about the meno, but about another health issues regarding my children. I cannot put into words how angry I was at the time for not being listened to properly, and now a couple of years  my concerns were right. But its something that doesnt leave you ... that feeling of no control over what is SO important ......to get a quality of life. Maybe if you could email Dr Currie and explain thouroughly what you are going through.... Good Luck. X

TillyD

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 07:22:04 AM »

Oh thanks Rosie.
Does she run this page? Does she respond to emails? Surely she must be over run with them?

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 08:16:46 AM »

Tilly

If you have a look at the home page you will see the details. You can email her and I think it costs fifteen pounds.

She is the founder of the website and an expert in her field.

Hope this helps.

Honeyb
X

TillyD

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 03:29:45 PM »

Thank you. That might be a good idea. If I could just get some Questions answered. I feel like the doctor I have seen has kept all the knowledge to herself and not shared it with me. Perhaps there are some good reasons for everything but I haven't been told what they are.

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »

Hi there just to say the £15 e-mail facility isn't there any more - I expect she's overrun with them.  I had such a helpful response which meant I took it to the doc, got a referral and didn't have to stop HRT!

However the telephone facility is there but just means you can't print it off. You phone the number and then you get a message on your mobile saying when she is free. If you miss it you have to try again.

Sometimes it shows on the website when she is available - last time I saw it there it was early on a Tues morning at around 7.30 or 8 am - but it's probably different every day/week depending on her schedule

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »

You rant Girl!  That's what this Forum is for, to share feelings and experiences. yes I did mean progesterone ......... some ladies do well, others find it aggravates their feelings.

I get annoyed if I am not listened to.  But Drs have other patients/issues that we don't know about, if I am un-certain I go back a few days later and say "I wasn't quite listening last time, could you explain this/that again ....... "  it opens up ways of communication without confrontation.  When I am angry I don't go back 'cos I would blast out what I am feeling  ::)

Pages: 1 [2]